• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lowitte

lowitte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

Hi - I just attempted to upgrade to the new PlatformPro 1.3.1 via WP and am getting this error message when trying to get into WP-admin or my site (www.ericlowitt.com): Warning: require_once(/nfs/c08/h03/mnt/116323/domains/ericlowitt.com/html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/core/core.init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c08/h03/mnt/116323/domains/ericlowitt.com/html/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 8 How do I get my site back up? Thank you! Eric

#2 makeylon

makeylon

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

First, you seem to have a problem with your functions.php file. Go into the file and find out what is on line 8. You may have to edit it to remove the offending line. You might also have to reinstall a new functions.php file over the top of it. It looks like you added something to the functions.php file that it didn't like. Otherwise, go into your site with ftp or a file manager and find the PlatformPro folder. Rename it to something else (PP_Old) You may have to do that with the Base folder as well. Your website should automatically revert to the default theme. Then reinstall Platform Pro and Base.

#3 lowitte

lowitte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

Mark, thank you. I'm a neophyte, so sorry if this question is not on topic: I can't get into WP admin via ericlowitt.com/WP-admin. I get the same error message. I installed FireFTP pluton, but am unsure how to go into my site via FTP to follow your instructions. How do I go into my site with FTP?

#4 makeylon

makeylon

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

You should be able to access your site through your hosting company. Log onto your account. Depending on who it is, you should have some kind of control panel like cpanel. In your account, there should be a way to access your ftp accounts/settings. They should have instructions on how to set up ftp access to your account. They should also have some kind of file manager that will allow you to access your files and edit them directly. All else fails, contact your host company support and they can walk you through it.

#5 lowitte

lowitte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:04 PM

Thanks Mark. I contacted my hosting company and downloaded Filezilla. I can now see the functions.php file, but can't figure out what's wrong with "line 8". Could I ask you or the community for a bit more help so I can fix the php file? Sorry for the detailed ask but I'm in over my head on this one. Here's everything in the functions.php file: <?php // Setup -- Probably want to keep this stuff... // Set up action for section registration... add_action('pagelines_register_sections', 'base_sections'); /* Hello! First, lets load the PageLines core so we have access to the functions */ require_once(TEMPLATEPATH . "/core/core.init.php"); // ==================================================== // = BASE FUNCTIONS - Where you should add your code = // ==================================================== // Hooks are a way to easily add custom functions and content to the Platform theme. There are hooks placed strategically throughout the theme // so that you insert code and content with ease. // Below is an example of how you would add a social media icon to the icons in header (branding section) // We have placed a hook at the end of the icon set specifically add new icons without modifying code or having to worry about your edits // getting thrown out during the upgrade process. The way to use hooks goes a little like this: // add_action('hook_name','function name'); add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_end', 'add_icons_to_branding'); // function name function add_icons_to_branding(){ // what the function does??“in this case adds a stumbleupon icon to the header of your theme. The class referenced in the link can be seen in the style.css // and is the image from the CSS is placed in the images folder ?> <?php } // end function // A full list of hooks can be seen by toggling the "advanced" button on each section in the "template setup" option tab. Each hook listed is associated with the section that it is listed under. That's all! Start adding hooks below. /* Register a Drag&Drop HTML Section for the admin. A pullquote section was created here for demonstration purposes Sections should be named: section.[your section name].php and placed in the sections folder. */ function base_sections(){ /* Your custom sections get registered in here... PageLines Register Section Arguments: 1. Section Class Name, 2. Directory name (or filename if in root of 'sections' folder), 3. Init Filename (if different from directory name), 4. Section setup and variable array */ pagelines_register_section('BasePullQuote', 'pullquote', null, array('child' => true) ); pagelines_register_section('BaseSidebar','sb_base', null, array('child' => true) ); }

#6 makeylon

makeylon

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

The functions.php file looks like the standard default version. Did you see that file in the PlatformPro folder or the PlatformBase folder? The error was in the platform base file. You could also try copying the original functions.php file over the top of the PlatformBase function.php file. Failing that, you could try resetting your wp installation. Was this a development site or live? Try renaming your PlatformPro folder and PlatformBase folder (add _old to them) on your server. This should reset your wordpress to use the default theme, then you should have access to log in. After that, try reinstalling PlatformPro.

#7 lowitte

lowitte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

Thanks Mark - the functions.php file was from PlatformBase. I overwrote the functions.php file via FTP. Same error message. The site was live. Looks like I'll need to go the WP reinstallation route. Just changed the Platform names. This got me back into WP. Thank you! I just reinstalled PlatformPro. Up and running!!! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

#8 makeylon

makeylon

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:39 PM

You're welcome. Glad you got it running again.