Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Feature Box + blogs

Question

Posted · Report post

i tried to search the forums before posting this, so i apologize if this is a easy thing to do or documented 100 times already. wanting to have the feature box ontop and the blog posts/page below (on the same page) is this possible without heavy custom coding? thanks paul L

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I achieved this by placing the features section in the Site Header template, below navigation, and checking both "Hide This By Default" and "Show on Posts Pages"in the advanced setup pulldown on that section.

Posted · Report post

can you please give me a little more descriptive? i tried to paste this code in the header.php file with no success. not sure where in the code to paste it. <?php if(VPRO) { /* Template Name: Feature Page - Standard */ get_header(); require(PRO.'/template_feature.php'); require(LIB.'/_subhead.php'); require(PRO.'/template_fboxes.php'); get_footer(); } ?> and where are is the "hide this by default" button located? (advanced setup pulldown on that section??) i appreciate the help and fast reply! thanks paul L

Posted · Report post

Oh gosh didn't see I was on the station pro section. My instructions refer to platform pro interface. Sorry, Please disregard :)

Posted · Report post

For StationPro, I don't know that this is possible without customization. So you know, all the themes are going to be updated into child themes for PlatformPro, so they can have all the newest features too. Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

Hi Bryan, Your good news is only beneficial to PlatformPro users. StationPro3 user will be left in the cold, unless there is a StationPro3 upgrade with an Option to select "Feature" for the users "Blog Posts Pages" or any Pages of choice. In fact all the Templates in StationPro3 should be available for all Pages/Blog Pages. That was one of the reasons why I payed for the full version. Thanks, SHAZ.

Posted · Report post

If you take a look at template_posts.php inside of the library folder in StationPro. Change this line `<?php if($fboxes_template) get_template_part('pro/template_fboxes');?>` to this: `<?php if($fboxes_template || is_blog()) get_template_part('pro/template_fboxes');?>` This should place it above the blog page. Further steps would have to be taken to choose the category you want to show but we'll get there later.