• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dj10bear

dj10bear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:01 PM

i tried to search the forums before posting this, so i apologize if this is a easy thing to do or documented 100 times already. wanting to have the feature box ontop and the blog posts/page below (on the same page) is this possible without heavy custom coding? thanks paul L

#2 scolasanti

scolasanti

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:25 PM

I achieved this by placing the features section in the Site Header template, below navigation, and checking both "Hide This By Default" and "Show on Posts Pages"in the advanced setup pulldown on that section.

#3 dj10bear

dj10bear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:39 PM

can you please give me a little more descriptive? i tried to paste this code in the header.php file with no success. not sure where in the code to paste it. <?php if(VPRO) { /* Template Name: Feature Page - Standard */ get_header(); require(PRO.'/template_feature.php'); require(LIB.'/_subhead.php'); require(PRO.'/template_fboxes.php'); get_footer(); } ?> and where are is the "hide this by default" button located? (advanced setup pulldown on that section??) i appreciate the help and fast reply! thanks paul L

#4 scolasanti

scolasanti

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

Oh gosh didn't see I was on the station pro section. My instructions refer to platform pro interface. Sorry, Please disregard :)

#5 scolasanti

scolasanti

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:57 PM

#6 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:32 AM

For StationPro, I don't know that this is possible without customization. So you know, all the themes are going to be updated into child themes for PlatformPro, so they can have all the newest features too. Thanks, Bryan

#7 shaznyc

shaznyc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

Hi Bryan, Your good news is only beneficial to PlatformPro users. StationPro3 user will be left in the cold, unless there is a StationPro3 upgrade with an Option to select "Feature" for the users "Blog Posts Pages" or any Pages of choice. In fact all the Templates in StationPro3 should be available for all Pages/Blog Pages. That was one of the reasons why I payed for the full version. Thanks, SHAZ.

#8 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

If you take a look at template_posts.php inside of the library folder in StationPro. Change this line `` to this: `` This should place it above the blog page. Further steps would have to be taken to choose the category you want to show but we'll get there later.