Photo

How to make Carousel show Posts Thumbnails again.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 shaznyc

shaznyc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:19 AM

Since I Updated to WordPress 3.1 , the Posts Thumbnails have disappeared on the Carousel in StationPro3. I have the Carousel set up to show my Posts Thumbnails. She link here: http://shaznyc.com/ and here: http://shaznyc.com/contact/

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:25 AM

This is a known issue. The next move for StationPro will be to become a child theme for PlatformPro. Let me get some developer insight. Thanks, Bryan

#3 shaznyc

shaznyc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:13 AM

Hi Bryan, just to add to the above, I do not have PlatformPro. I am just using the StationPro3 Theme on my WordPress site. Thans, SHAZ.

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:25 AM

Yes, I know... but eventually StationPro will be available as a child theme with all the features of PlatformPro. Regardless, many themes are experiencing issues as there were some serious changes in WordPress 3.1 apparently. Thanks, Bryan

#5 shaznyc

shaznyc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:51 PM

HI, While the developers are looking for a fix, is there a plugin I could use in the mean time? Thanks, SHAZ.

#6 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:19 AM

Sharron, There is a fix coming in an update... I can give you code to patch in there, if you'd like...

#7 shaznyc

shaznyc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:14 AM

Thanks you Andrew, The Codes and where to put them would be nice. Would the codes keep working after the update? I don't want to break any thing. SHAZ.

#8 tai5starweddingdirectorycom

tai5starweddingdirectorycom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:59 AM

looking forward to this fix. or please post the code fix for all. thanks

#9 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:52 PM

will post an update to the themes, for now, the code to patch... is the following. Just replace the similar code found in your `template_carousel.php` file... ` $rpost):?>
  • ID)): echo get_the_post_thumbnail( $rpost->ID, array( 70, 70),array( 'class' => 'list_thumb list-thumb' )); ?> post_title; ?>
  • `

#10 shaznyc

shaznyc

Advanced Member

• Members
    • 70 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:25 AM

Thank you Andrew, the codes seems to work fine.

#11 nikkali

nikkali

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

worked for me, except my file was called section.carousel.php in the sections/carousel folder of the platform pro theme. i tried to add this folder and file to the platform pro base theme and did not work, but when i changed it in the platform pro theme, it worked. thanks.