Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Feature sliders on different pages populated by post categories - Possible?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi Doing my best as a newbie and would appreciate any pointers: I would like to have a feature slider on all my main pages. And the feature to pull its info (video and text) from post categories. I have enabled 'use post category' under feature post sources (from feature settings). However, the feature I have up now pulls in all posts from all categories into the feature. Is what I am trying to do possible? Or do I need to abandon this idea? Instead I could create different feature sets for each page and then point from the text in each slide to the post. The problem with this is more work and duplicate content. website is http://www.greatprotestsongs.com/ although in early stages. I have watched the video on this and didn't follow a lot of it but it didn't seem to answer this question Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

By default, the feature area can only pull posts from all categories that you input in the category IDs text field in Feature Settings. You can try the solution using different sets to see how it works out.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Catrina - that is really helpful