6 replies to this topic

#1 Sean Convy

Sean Convy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island, BC, Canada

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:59 PM

I am trying to place a background image to be positioned bottom right of the site but cannot get it to work, I tried the following in the CSS but to no avail, can anybody help please. This is the css code that I tried background-image: url(image location here) no-repeat bottom right; I also tried creating a footer style in the css like this .footimage {float-right;background-image: url(image location here) no-repeat bottom right;} then created a div tag <div class="footimage"></div> and placed this after the cred area in the footer page but nothing doing Any help would be appreciated, and you can email me at webmaster@pacifichealthoptions.com

#2 Sean Convy

Sean Convy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:51 PM

I forgot to mention the question relates to the station pro template, I tried to add the code to the body css but it knocks out the header border image. I am working on a buddies site and finding it frustrating, as I may add this theme to the iblog, ecopro and platform templates that have already, but the image thing is an issue

#3 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

Try this code instead:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 Sean Convy

Sean Convy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:47 PM

thanks Catrina, I did try this but to no avail, the station pro template uses a background image for the horizontal coloured stripe at the top of the page, Here is the css as provided with the template and including your suggestion. I also tried adding background-attachment:fixed; but it doesn't want to work. body{ font-size:13px; line-height:1.6em; color: #fff; background: #000; font-family:Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; font-weight:normal; background-image: url('images/howler.jpg') no-repeat bottom right; } .nobg {} .bggrey {background: transparent url(images/bggrey.jpg) repeat-x 0 0;} .bgblue {background: transparent url(images/bgblue.jpg) repeat-x 0 0;} Its a little frustrating, as the image I am trying to use is a real beauty. I was wondering if it should be done as a line of php in the footer page, but my knowledge of php is very limited so a bit stuck there. Once again, many thanks for your efforts, as always a quick response you and the other guys are great help and always very attentive, whcih I personally really appreciate. Best wishes

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:10 PM

Is your website pacificihealthoptions.com?

#6 Sean Convy

Sean Convy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:36 PM

yes, but the coding problem is not for that site it is for a friend of mine who has the station pro template, and that is what we are trying to resolve

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

Try switching up the image position like so:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It'll still align at the bottom, but it will be positioned differently.