• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shawngoesgreen

shawngoesgreen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:13 AM

My site is a typical html site with a wordpress blog using thesis. I am now updating my entire site using Platform Pro. I exported my thesis blog, imported it into platform pro and blew everything up. Granted, some of that may have been me doing something wrong. My question is: When I import the files could it be corrupting my new platform pro site? One other thing. My original site is in a folder on the root directory and my new site is in a different folder. Will I be able to just point the url to the new site when I am ready to go live?

#2 shawngoesgreen

shawngoesgreen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:42 AM

One clarification, when I say files above I mean the thesis mySql database that I exported.

#3 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:21 AM

You shouldn't be transferring and importing any settings or anything Thesis related, just your WP database and WP files. I can continue to try and assist, but you might just need a professional to handle this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

See:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks, Bryan

#4 shawngoesgreen

shawngoesgreen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:37 AM

How about this, when I import the mySql db is is just the posts? Does Pagelines store any formatting or page information in the mySql database? If not then the database problem was probably just user error.

#5 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:54 AM

First, what theme are you using? Thanks, Bryan

#6 shawngoesgreen

shawngoesgreen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

Platformpro was what I was using but now that I need to start over I am using Platformpro base.

#7 shawngoesgreen

shawngoesgreen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:49 PM

Bryan I figured out what I needed. I was trying to download straight from the mySql database but thanks to the Wordpress Importer plugin I solved my problem. I should really dig around the plugin section more often. Thanks for the help, Shawn