3 replies to this topic

#1 thebusysingleparent

thebusysingleparent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

Is there a way to add a "title" to the carousel? I would like to use the carousel as a way to display certain posts and would like a title to say what it is. Also, is there a way to place the titles under the thumbnails rather than only showing when you hover over the thumbnails?

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

Placing a title would require a custom hook which is pretty easy. Hooks are listed under each section under the "advanced toggle" inside of template setup options where you drag and drop all that good stuff. There is a sample hook in the Base child theme's functions.php file which you can just adjust to your needs. This css will reveal your titles over thumbnails: ` #carousel a:hover span.list-title { display: block; } ` Place it wherever you keep your custom css changes.

#3 cabrose

cabrose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:16 AM

Hi, I can't find this hook in my functions.php file. Could you help find it (I'm using 1.3.1 Platform Pro version)? Could you give us this example directly here? Thanks! Antoine

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:10 PM

You will need to find the hook you need under the Advanced Setup list in Template Setup. In your case, you will need to look under the PageLines Carousel section. Once you find the hook you need, you can implement it in the functions file. This tutorial can help you do that:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content