Photo
- - - - -

How to edit sidebar settings for the different page templates?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 leftcoastmichael

leftcoastmichael

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

I must be doing something wrong. I'm trying to add widgets to the sidebar under the "Widgets" section. I am following these instructions: "Drag widgets from here to a sidebar on the right to activate them. Drag widgets back here to deactivate them and delete their settings." But when I drag the widgets to the sidebar, they are not showing up on any of my pages. So I'm wondering if I need to set the "sidebar types" (accordion, drag-drop, etc) for specific page templates. If that is the case, I cannot locate an option for changing the look of specific page templates.

#2 Jackey

Jackey

Advocate

• Members

• 685 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:24 PM

You can/should set the show/noshow of the widgets on page level [iBlogPro3 Page Options], not on template level. If you set one of these three sidebar options: - Show Flow Sidebar - Show Drag&Drop Sidebar - Show Accordeon Sidebar You have to set them all three, the defaults are not used anymore for that page. The Show content sidebar never shows by default, you have to switch it on page by page. It can be a bit confusing, but it has advantages. Regards Jackey

#3 salestrakr

salestrakr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:15 PM

It seems that when I set the contents for a page (which was created using the default template), all pages set using the default template show those sidebars. I'd like each page to have it's own settings. Can't seem to get that working