• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 icjackson

icjackson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:31 AM

Okay, I have tried to get this to work and have had to work around it for the sake of time with this site's development, but I really need the drag and drop feature to work now and it never has for me. It's not a plugin issue either; been there, tried that, no effect. I am using Firefox (v. 3.6.13) and even tried logging in in IE to see if it was a browser issue. No dice. The whole area under the drop-down menu is empty and has been since I installed Pagelines :-( I need to use a hook and the instructions I read here in the forum require that I access something within the Template Setup area (something with the Site Header) but since all I can see is the drop down menu, the instructions don't make sense. Please help :-( In case you need it, the url is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thx

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:20 PM

Hi Ivo - Plugins would've been the first thing I suggested. So, assuming you've disabled all of them and tested it, which it sounds like you have, then... Have you tried testing the theme in a fresh install? I'm not suggesting you do this over your current site. Rather, setup a test directory (even locally) and try it out there, just to make sure nothing's wrong with your theme files. (Something could've gone wrong during download, etc.) Also: have you made any modifications?

#3 icjackson

icjackson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:19 PM

I haven't made any modifications to the theme files; just custom CSS. And it never did work to begin with, so that would rule out modifications, too :-( Do you have any other suggestions before I go to the trouble of a second test install? I don't have a lot of time to spare right now, so I'm hoping that maybe there is a particular file that can be checked for trouble instead of another WP install and then another Pagelines install. If it's the only recourse then I guess I will have to break down and do it sooner or later, but I was hoping for something more straight to the point. Thanks for the help so far, Kate :-)

#4 icjackson

icjackson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

Oh yeah - my layout editor has never worked, either. Hope that might be a clue as to what file is corrupt or whatever is going on. Thx

#5 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:00 AM

What version of PlatformPro are you using? What host are you using? We've seen lots of problems with GoDaddy. Thanks, Bryan

#6 icjackson

icjackson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:12 PM

Not sure what version, Bryan, but I just bought it less than a month ago. And I'm using 1&1 for my web hosting. Thx :-)

#7 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

If you bought it a month ago there is definitely a newer version:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks, Bryan

#8 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:42 AM

Ivo, reset your layout editor. That may be the issue right there.

#9 icjackson

icjackson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:10 PM

Updating the files with the newer version seems to have done the trick! Thanks Bryan and Andrew :-D