Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Right Footer extending with empty text box in sidebar

Question

Posted · Report post

I'm on the iblogpro theme and noticed that when I ad an empty text box to the top right sidebar the footer box on the right is affected. I was hoping there's a quick fix for this. The site is

www.ibloogle.com
Thanks, Ken

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

can you post a screenshot with the issue?

Posted · Report post

8sS5o.png Check this out now! Thanks, Ken

Posted · Report post

Hey kenazar. I've seen this happen before when using a text widget without a title (its the way text widgets are constructed; titles are a must). Check to see if the titles are all there. And if not, then put one in, and hide the title using css.

Posted · Report post

You got it! Thanks Also, how would you hide the title under the css? Ken

Posted · Report post

hey kenazar, do you have firebug installed? use that to figure out how to isolate the element and set it to display none like this: {display:none} If you give me a live link I can give you the code.

Posted · Report post

jnoh- on firebug is there a way to communicate the changes directly to the website for instant and permanent changes? Thanks, Ken

Posted · Report post

@jnoh I have noticed this problem too when I added the widget text. I checked to make sure names were properly done and it still seems to be acting up. Any ideas of how to fix this problem when adding a text widget? Thanks!

Posted · Report post

on firebug is there a way to communicate the changes directly to the website for instant and permanent changes?
Yes, this is done with 'custom css' @Dusty -- Did you add a title to all your widgets? If so, can you post a screenshot?