• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stuartdrinkwateryahoocouk

stuartdrinkwateryahoocouk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

Hi I am in need of some advice / help regarding my site speed. I am running Platform Pro and really don't want to have to use anything else as it ticks all the boxes for the construction of my site - but Google is slating me for poor site speed. Is there anything I can do from PlatformPro to affect things, or how to I find ways to boost performance? How do I know if I just have poor hosting (it shouldnt be as it's costing a ton!) Can you make any answers simple - I'm not an idiot (much) but I'm using PP as I really dont understand things like CDNs or all that gubbins - Like many people it fits a perfect cost/ease of use ratio.

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:55 PM

You could try a popular plugin called W3 Total Cache. It allows you to do a wide range of things to speed up your site.

#3 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

Have you tried Cloudflare? They offer free CDN services that cache all your images, css and js automatically. Pretty simple to set up.

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

You could also try running w3 total cache. If you're on a shared host that could be a problem as well. I also like Simon's suggestion.