Photo
- - - - -

How can I add add'l Feature Text Positions ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 reubenleeb

reubenleeb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

Hello. How can I add add'l "Feature Text Positions" ? I want to add a couple positions like: Text Center .( using entire area from top to bottom with padding of about 3px) Text Full Justified .( using entire area from top to bottom, Left to Right with padding of about 3px) Text on Top ( similar to Text on Bottom ) Thx. : )

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:37 AM

I'm not sure I fully understand... Are you looking for CSS styling help? Can I get a link and some clarification? Thanks, Bryan

#3 reubenleeb

reubenleeb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:30 AM

Sure. And Thx. When you are adding/editing a "Feature", I am referring to the drop down box called "Feature Text Position" that allows you to align the text either left, right, bottom or no text. I want to add a few more positions like: I want to add a couple positions like: Text Center .( using entire area from top to bottom with padding of about 3px) Text Full Justified .( using entire area from top to bottom, Left to Right with padding of about 3px) Text on Top ( similar to Text on Bottom ) On an unrelated request ( grin ), what css code do I need to make the feature background color ( black ), extend the full width of the webpage, beyond the feature itself? Thx again. : ) reuben lee

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:48 AM

Ah, I see. I'll have to get developer input on the first item. For the second let's have you start a separate topic and I'll try and answer it before I'm out for the night. Thanks, Bryan

#5 reubenleeb

reubenleeb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:06 AM

Ok, Thanks. I started another topic for the second querstion: @

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thx.

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:32 PM

Well the next release of Platform is going to allow these changes to be made in the base theme but what you need to do in section.features.php is add two more options to this array: ` 'feature-style' => array( 'type' => 'select', 'title' => 'Feature Text Position', 'desc' => 'Select the type of feature style you would like to be shown. E.g. show text on left, right, bottom or not at all (full width)...', 'selectvalues' => array( 'text-left' => 'Text On Left', 'text-right' => 'Text On Right', 'text-bottom' => 'Text On Bottom', 'text-none' => 'Full Width Image or Media - No Text' ), ), ` (just follow the forumla for the other options) Then you would add some css to your base.css file which renders each option...here is how the existing options look inside of the pro.css file: ` /* Text on Right Or Left */ #feature_slider .text-right .fexcerpt, #feature_slider .text-left .fexcerpt{ overflow: hidden; } /* Text On Right */ #feature_slider .text-right .fmedia{ float:left; } #feature_slider .text-right .fcontent{ float:right; } /* Text On Bottom */ #feature_slider .fcontainer.text-bottom .fcontent{ float:none; position: absolute; bottom: 0px; left: 0px; z-index: 200; width: 100%; height: 80px; font-size: 1em; } `

#7 reubenleeb

reubenleeb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:23 PM

Perfect! Thx. :D