• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 moxymedia

moxymedia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:06 PM

Hi, While troubleshooting something else I realized I was using PlatformPro 1.2.3 as my theme instead of PlatformBase (which is what I believe I should be using?) I receive this error: Broken Themes The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template. Name Description PlatformBase The parent theme is missing. Please install the "platformpro" parent theme. I deleted both, redownloaded both Pro & Base from your site, reuploaded them and I'm still receiving this error. Advice?

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

So both platformbase and platformpro exactly like that are in the themes folder?

Then you're just activated PlatformBase correct?

Thanks, Bryan

#3 moxymedia

moxymedia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:33 PM

Hi Bryan,

I've

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

both PlatformBase & PlatformPro in the themes folder via FTP. I have an old copy of free Platform in there as well.

PlatformPro 1.2.3 is my current theme which seems to be working fine (though I'm having BuddyPress issues with it)

When I try to find & activate PlatformBase in the themes folder I have this message at the bottom:

Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.
Name Description
PlatformBase The parent theme is missing. Please install the "platformpro" parent theme.

Thanks!

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

make sure that the PlatformPro theme is in all lower case in how it's named e.g. "platformpro"

#5 moxymedia

moxymedia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:46 PM

Adam, It is all lower case

#6 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

Okay, it sounds as though everything is correct, but I get the feeling that just one thing or the other is off.

If you like, email us:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

with the login link and login info we can have a look.

Also, please link to this topic and make a note that you were asked to email.

Thanks, Bryan

#7 moxymedia

moxymedia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:39 AM

Hi Bryan, Emailed my info to you guys yesterday. Have you had a chance to check it out? Thanks! L

#8 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:37 AM

Okay, I discovered the problem. You have your PlatformPro folder here: `/themes/platformpro/platformpro` So basically it looks like you installed a newer theme inside an older theme when you need: `/themes/platformpro` otherwise PlatformBase can't find it properly. Thanks, Bryan

#9 moxymedia

moxymedia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

Thank you! All fixed :)