8 replies to this topic

#1 szool

szool

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:18 AM

When I choose the option to Hide search on top of theme, the search box goes away but I cannot reclaim that space for the nav... it still drops my nav down to the 2nd line, instead of letting me go all the way across the top with extra tabs. http://citizenmediagroup.com

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

Hi Soljon - It's actually a CSS issue. Add this to your custom code:
 #menu-main-nav{width:100% !important;}

#3 szool

szool

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

got it, thanks. Now, is it possible for me to specify where the break is, so I can put some items on the top row and some items on the bottom row? Right now I have no control over that, it just fills the top line and then rolls to the bottom one. I would like to control what items appear where. Ideally, I'd like to create another smaller menu underneath the main menu to contain a few other links. Is that possible as well?

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

You could add hardcode some link into the _nav.php ...platformpro has a secondary nav but isn't yet available with SP

#5 szool

szool

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

hardcode meaning to tell it which items to display on the top and bottom? Because right now when the top row fills, it just keeps going on the bottom but I have no control over which ones I want where.

#6 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

In theory you should be able to register a second menu and just add that call to the header. I believe the way it's set up now you'd want to use a hook.

#7 szool

szool

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

that is way over my head.....

#8 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:11 PM

Soljon... i know you have a lot of requests it may be worth your while to consult with someone if you really really need this stuff done: http://pagelines.com/pros

#9 szool

szool

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

good idea. I will check into it.