Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

category subnav items

Question

Posted · Report post

Under the theme setting for category subnav items, I have a bunch of category ID's listed and they appear, however they appear sorted alphabetically but I would like them sorted in the order I listed them (by ID number). Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Soljon - Are you talking about the way they're listed in the admin area? Or in the nav?

Posted · Report post

I'll need some more details. Theme Settings or WordPress Settings? Are you using custom menus in Appearance > Menus? Can I get a link? Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

In _subhead.php inside of the library directory make sure line 13 reads like this with the added orderby on the end: ` <?php wp_list_categories('include='.pagelines('subnav_categories').'&title_li=&orderby=id'); ?> `

Posted · Report post

My existing line 13 is simply Contents of file: <?php if($post->post_parent || wp_list_pages("title_li=&child_of=".$post->ID."&echo=0")) $subnav = true;?> <?php if($subnav && !pagelines('hide_sub_header')):?> <div id="subhead" class="content fix"> <?php require(THEME_LIB.'/_subnav.php');?> </div> <?php elseif((is_home() || is_category()) && pagelines('subnav_categories')):?> <div id="subhead" class="content fix"> <div id="subnav" class="fix">

• <?php wp_list_categories('include='.pagelines('subnav_categories').'&title_li='); ?>
</div> </div> <?php endif;?>

Posted · Report post

Okay perhaps it's a different line, but you can still see the line of code I'm referring to...which starts with ` <?php wp_list_categories('include='.pagelines('subnav_categories'). '&title_li=&orderby=id'); ?> `

Posted · Report post

I cannot believe I did not see that. I just changed it and it works. I was up pretty late and my mind was fried when I first looked at it. Thanks so much for the help!!!