7 replies to this topic

#1 szool

szool

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:46 AM

Under the theme setting for category subnav items, I have a bunch of category ID's listed and they appear, however they appear sorted alphabetically but I would like them sorted in the order I listed them (by ID number). Thanks!

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

Hi Soljon - Are you talking about the way they're listed in the admin area? Or in the nav?

#3 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:23 PM

I'll need some more details.

Theme Settings or WordPress Settings?

Are you using custom menus in Appearance > Menus?

Can I get a link?

Thanks, Bryan

#4 szool

szool

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

Theme Settings http://www.citizenme...ry/audio-blogs/ Yes I am using the custom menus. They are all ordered the way I want them, but only the category sub-nav sorts alphabetically.

#5 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:39 PM

In _subhead.php inside of the library directory make sure line 13 reads like this with the added orderby on the end: ` `

#6 szool

szool

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

My existing line 13 is simply Contents of file: <?php if($post->post_parent || wp_list_pages("title_li=&child_of=".$post->ID."&echo=0")) $subnav = true;?> <?php if($subnav && !pagelines('hide_sub_header')):?> <div id="subhead" class="content fix"> <?php require(THEME_LIB.'/_subnav.php');?> </div> <?php elseif((is_home() || is_category()) && pagelines('subnav_categories')):?> <div id="subhead" class="content fix"> <div id="subnav" class="fix">
    <?php wp_list_categories('include='.pagelines('subnav_categories').'&title_li='); ?>
</div> </div> <?php endif;?>

#7 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

Okay perhaps it's a different line, but you can still see the line of code I'm referring to...which starts with ` `

#8 szool

szool

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:51 PM

I cannot believe I did not see that. I just changed it and it works. I was up pretty late and my mind was fried when I first looked at it. Thanks so much for the help!!!