9 replies to this topic

#1 sysorex

sysorex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:29 PM

I can't find a way to do this so I am asking for some assistance, I am trying to make the feature names on the feature nav be buttons that link to their corresponding pages. so that if they click the feature name in the nav bar it will take them to that page. Thanks in need of help on this one.

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:22 PM

Hi David - Just to clarify: are you talking about the actual "feature" section? Or the main navigation of the site?

#3 sysorex

sysorex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

The feature names on the feature slider nav bar. when using the names option for the feature slider to have the feature nav names link to their corresponding pages.

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

That is what the feature more link is for, the feature nav is so the user can switch between the slide at their own pace. This is designed to make sense to your users. Changing this would confuse them. If you still want to proceed it would take some serious programming and customization. Thanks, Bryan

#5 sysorex

sysorex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

I have it set up now with the more links but their original plan was for the feature names to go to the pages. here is what i have so far I am new to this and took me awhile to get where i am now lol, any help is appreciated, here is a link to my homepage so far.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

Well since those are create with jquery I guess the only thing for you to do is manually create those links in the section_template of the section.features.php file itself. You'll see the empty "featurenav" div for where to place the links. Then I guess you'd want to hide the feature navigation? This seems strange still though.?..

#7 sysorex

sysorex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

It works but I still want the feature names to change the slides while also linking to the pages is there anyway to do both and not just one or the other.

#8 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:03 PM

Hey David - From a usability standpoint, I'm not sure I follow... If I click on the name, it will take me to the post. But, in the meantime it should also change the slide, correct? To be honest, if I may, that doesn't really seem to be a good idea. But, that aside, I'm not sure that's possible. You'd be modifying the link twice... Though I suppose it might be done with some jQuery... (*thinking out loud*)

#9 sysorex

sysorex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:23 PM

well we have one working on an html version of the site

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

is there a way to just hard code that in place of the feature slider then. I was hoping to be able to us the feature slider so that if the client wanted to change images or text the could do so quickly but if I can't get the nav bar to work in this manner would like to have this as a back up. thanks.

#10 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:07 PM

It seems like you are essentially asking that each tab not only paginate the feature slider but load some sort of ajax'ed post/page content beneath it. Unfortunately that's beyond the scope of the forum and I'm not even sure if it's possible or at least possible without losing all your hair. You may want to consider using Banner sections placed on each page with a navigation that is same in style to accomplish this...using the feature slider, however seems to be redundant if that pages are going to change anyway as they do in the HTML version