11 replies to this topic

#1 nesandbar

nesandbar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

Hi,

I've searched this site and the codex.wordpress.org site for all the options available for GoogleMaps shortcode.

Can I set the zoomlevel? Can I set text on the infoWindow if specifying an address?

Thanks!

#2 bevj

bevj

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:53 PM

have you looked at the google maps api, if you haven't it isn't as scary as it looks.

http://code.google.c...maps/index.html

it allows a deeper level of customization.

hopefully this helps,

Bev

#3 nesandbar

nesandbar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:00 PM

Hi I have, actually. I've written lot's of stuff using the API. But I'm creating a site now with PageLines, and I see this convenient 'shortcode' stuff. I've already tried the standard Google Maps API parameters for 'zoom', and adding it to the shortcode parameters has no effect. I was surprised that there is no mention of params available / param syntax / just use Google Maps API params in the PageLines doc. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks very much !

#4 cas45

cas45

Advanced Member

• Members

• 77 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

Will,

I know you have a lot of experience with the maps API but may I suggest the MapPress plugin. I am a huge fan of this plugin it makes Google maps easy.

#5 nesandbar

nesandbar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:27 PM

Hi! Sure there are lot's of plugins out there. My question is specific to the shortcode that is supported by PageLines. It seems there should be some documentation that explains it's use. Thanks !

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:47 PM

Will the shortcode itself only supports width, height, and address so if you want more customization go with the other solutions mentioned :)

#7 nesandbar

nesandbar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

Cool - thank you very much!

#8 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

Basically just use the shortcode like this: `[googlemap width="200" height="200" address="4000 Ocean Blvd., San Diego, CA 92109"]`

#9 jankowalski

jankowalski

Advocate

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

i need php code for that to insert in my template. can you provide it to me?

#10 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Hi there, we only offer a shortcode solution for googlemaps, not php. What are you trying to do?

You can find the shortcode core code in the php reference here - http://phpxref.pagel...tcodes.php.html

#11 jankowalski

jankowalski

Advocate

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

i m trying to add maps for buisness directory plugin http://businessdirectoryplugin.com/.

it works as custom post type and every item has some custom fields. i want to insert adress custom field into google maps shortcode.

#12 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

hmmm i'm not if that would work, as somehow the custom post type data would then have to feed into the shortcode. The shortcode is more for static data. I think you'd need to look into the google map api or something similar.