Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Add Social Media Icons

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi folks. Please can someone help a total newbie in lay mans terms please. I wish to do the following: I want to change the StumbleUpon icon link in the Header to the MySpace icon can someone please tell me how and what I need to change as I have searched the FAQ for a good few hours and cannot find a direct answer. I also noticed in the sprite collection of icons that there are coloured icons and the grey ones that I am currently using, does anyone know where I can also get a Bebo icon the same that also functions the same way as my current social icons? Thanks in advance

34 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Really getting p***ed with this now. Isn't there just a simple way to add icons, reorder them in a way which I want them and not the template and to have the URL's correctly linked to the correct icons. Almost a week messing around with this, bit stupid now really.

Posted · Report post

Ok, I know very little as to CSS coding and stuff so hopefully someone can help me with this so that I can wrap this whole nightmare up and move on to other things as this has went on far too long already. I simply want to add a few social icons to my site, link them to the correct URL's and below I have added an image of the total amount of icons I wish to have on my site and the order I wish to have them without the Platform Template dictating where I can and can't have them. Thanks in advance to any nice person that can help a total newbie. iconorder.jpg I probably should have stated that my RSS icon is already in the correct place on the site and that the RSS icon is the only one I don't need to adjust in any form.

Posted · Report post

Hey Craig - When you re-ordered them, did you make sure that the correct classes were applied to the correct links? When I left it, it should've been pretty much setup ;) Also, did you add the icons on in the order I mentioned in the e-mail? If not, the CSS won't correspond...

Posted · Report post

Hi Kate, Yes I added the icons in the order you asked earlier and uploaded, once they uploaded everything was totally out of sync and looked worse than when I started so for the last few hours I??™ve been trying to sort it myself without much luck, might now use another template from another company I found online Kate because this stupid icon problem is getting out of control now, five days to add and arrange a few icons isn??™t good, would have hoped to have had this sorted now and moved on to other things especially as this site needs to be live in 2 days time. Simply just want a way to add icons, arrange them as I want them and add additional icons in the future if I need to without all this hassle everytime, surely there??™s a way to fix this or a simpler way of doing it.

Posted · Report post

Hi Craig, Before we continue to help you with this you need to understand a few things; - Please do not use profanity or rude language in the forum - No matter what theme you use it is not going to have every bell and whistle you can think up, what you're asking for is a very specific customization to you that we are going above and beyond to assist you with - This is the web design process, if you're attempting advanced customizations on your own and aren't comfortable with the learning curve and have a deadline, you may want to look into hiring a pro, we offer: http://www.pagelines.com/pros/ So if you're ready to help us help you get this resolved we'd be happy to continue working with you. Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

First of all Bryan, no-one used profanity or any other type of language, in fact I starred out a word!! As for the customisation, well no actually its not a bell or whistle type of specific customisation to me, I simply want to add a few icons and the correct URL's for those icons so its hardly a massive theme change or something no-one else has ever wanted to do, a simple fix, a let help is all I ask, all I have done is ask someone can they guide me in terms I understand after all I, like many others here paid a lot of money for this product and all I am asking for is a little product support, a product support document might have been a great idea to accompany the product! I actually take offence to your above post Bryan and I actually think it was not only uncalled for but not very resonable at all toward a customer. Also, no I dont want to pay out yet more money for a pro, I want some product help so you pushing yet another service to raise further revenue is quite wrong when a customer is asking for a little help with a tiny little fix and not a major custom job. At present I still do not have a fix for this, feel free to jump in at anytime and offer your help Bryan!

Posted · Report post

Fixed ;)

Posted · Report post

Thanks to this wonderful, patient and most helpful lady I have now got a solution and fix. This was a nightmare for me but an easy fix for someone who has extensive coding knowledge. After a certain unhelpful reply earlier I almost decided to ask to be refunded for this product, thankfully Kate came along and went out of her way to help with this and not once did she try to be-little someone that has fewer coding skills/knowledge than herself. Kate actually gave product support and remained very highly professional throughout. Great person who is a credit to Pagelines, just a pity certain other Pageline staff aren't as supportive as this lady! certain others would rather go out of their way to argue rather than help their customers. Very well done Kate, and again thank you so much for kindly helping with this matter. Your an angel.

Posted · Report post

Hey all. Wondering if you could help me. I'm trying to add social media icons to the header by following the directions posted here. I don't need rollovers or the like. http://www.mikemerrill.com Here's the code I'm adding to functions.php

add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_end', 'add_icons_to_branding');
	function add_icons_to_branding(){
	?>

<?php }
	[/code]

However, it's not showing up. I get the feeling I'm missing something very simple. Please help? Thanks in advance! M. Bos.