• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 qubemusic

qubemusic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:53 AM

I would like to add a twitter feed (such as the one offered by twitter) to a side bar in platform pro, not just the latest post. How should I go about this? Is there a compatible widget I can use? Or where do I add the code? thank you!

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

Hi Katie - If you install the "Twitter for WordPress" plugin, you'll be able to add Tweets to your sidebar via a widget. In addition, PlatformPro has integration with this plugin, allowing your most recent Tweet to appear in your "Twitter Bar". If you visit the demo, and scroll down, you'll see it in action just above the footer:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 qubemusic

qubemusic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:26 PM

Thanks for the reply kate, are you able to elaborate on adding it to the side bar? I have the twitter for wordpress (Based on Pownce for Wordpress by Cavemonkey50.) plugin installed - I think that's the correct one? I can't see where I add the option into the side bar :) thanks thanks thanks!

#4 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:44 AM

Hi Katie - Yes, that's the correct one. There's some instructions here on installing it with PageLines:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Assuming you've done that, then visit "Appearance->Widgets", and you'll see a Twitter widget. Simply drag that and drop it into the sidebar area you want. (For instance, the "Universal Sidebar".) You can adjust the settings from the widget itself. Should you choose another Twitter widget plugin, the steps described above (for adding the widget) would be the same. However, this particular plugin, again, can be directly integrated with PageLines. Hope that helps!

#5 qubemusic

qubemusic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:42 AM

Thanks so much Kate, I managed to get it all working :) !!

#6 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:33 AM

Awesome... And, happy to help ;)