Photo
- - - - -

Highlight Image in Posts Page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 aharon

aharon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

Hey guys I've looked at the existing posts and I need a little help. What I'd like to do is use the highlight option in my posts page. What code should I drop in where to do this? I'm using PlatformPro with the child theme. So far I haven't edited anything with the child theme, it's all be CSS. How do I go about added a highlight for my page. Here's the URL of the page if you all want to see it.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I need it under the nav above the first story in that white space above the grey divider line.

#2 makeylon

makeylon

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:29 PM

Go into section.highlight.php

Alter the "workswith" code below to include post pages like this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Notice, 'main-posts' is included. Hopefully that is the correct key for the post page.

Next:

Go to PlatformPro --> Settings
Select Template Setup.
Under Select Template, choose Post Pages
Drag Highlight above Content.

#3 aharon

aharon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:43 PM

It looks like 'posts' is the right key, but I do it and drag it over and while I can now drag highlight over to the template setup for posts page, it still will not show up on the page after I choose the highlight image. Man I thought you cracked the code... Maybe you did, maybe there's something else I need to do too.

#4 aharon

aharon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:50 PM

I ended up creating a new DIV for it, then put in some PHP that will look for a specific page then toss that div up there. It took some trial and error, but I got it.