Photo
- - - - -

iBlog Pro Forum problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 johntree

johntree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:59 PM

Just bought the forum for iBlog Pro, and have successfully installed it with deep integration. It looks like it will be great, but I have 2 immediate problems: 1) the navigation on the "forum" page (the bbpress) doesn't match the rest of my iBlog Pro site (the wordpress). Specifically, the forum page reorders the order of pages on the nav bar, and also shows all the pages, despite that some are hidden from view on the main iBlog site using the nav.php file. So how do I get the navigation on the forum page to mirror the rest of the site? 2) how do I change the ad spot over in the right column? I can't find that anywhere? The iBlog Pro theme for wordpress is very easy to customize, tweak, and fiddle with, but I can't seem to do any of the same on this iBlog Pro Forum add-on for bbpress. Please help!

#2 s5group

s5group

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:57 AM

you need to put a line like this in your bb-config file require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-load.php'); this is the code i put in... my forums/ directory is inside the site eg: site/forums/

#3 johntree

johntree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:30 AM

Thanks, but I already have that in my bb-config file. So Andrew, please help me with my questions above. John

#4 johntree

johntree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:09 AM

Ok, well after finding the iBlog Forum options under the plug-in area (didn't know that's where the options page was) -- I have figured out the 2nd item in my original post, about the ads. So that is done. But I still need the forum page to hid some pages that are hidden on the wordpress side, and I've tried using the exclude pages function on the "Header and Nav" portion of the options page, but the pages are still displaying. I use the page IDs from my wordpress site, but they are still display on the forum page... Any help?

#5 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:20 PM

@johntree this is fixed with the latest copy of iblogpro which I saw that you requested. We'll get that to you latest by tonight. :)

#6 joiningdots

joiningdots

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

Hello I've just bought and installed iForum but the theme is not showing under Appearance in the bbPress dashboard. Have completed the bbPress install, done the integration (able to login with WordPress credentials) and uploaded the plug-ins and theme to their respective bb- folders. I can see and activate the plug-ins from within the Admin Dashboard but no sign of the theme. Help :-)

#7 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:32 PM

can you post a screenshot of your server file structure?

#8 joiningdots

joiningdots

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:15 AM

No need, asking for the screenshot fixed the problem :-) Took one look at the file structure and it was clear not all files had uploaded into the bb-templates folder. Uploaded them all manually instead of FTP. One of the files bugged out with a security error - hello.php in the includes directory - skipped that one and can now see the theme. Am guessing/hoping the forum can live without hello.php