Photo
- - - - -

integrating reputation (karma) into sidebar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 graham

graham

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:59 AM

Hi, Anyone know how to add the bbpress plugin reputation (karma) into a sidebar a bit like this forum?

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

You would add it to the bbPress plugins folder via ftp, is that what you mean? installation wise?

#3 graham

graham

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Nope. I've FTPed it to the plugins folder and it shows up as a plugin under the bbPress admin. What I'm interested in is how you added it to your sidebar.

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:25 AM

Hi Graham, You mean the top karma list. If there isn't a sidebar widget or instructions here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

What I'm thinking is this was something special and custom that the PageLines' developers programmed just for this forum. Thanks, Bryan

#5 graham

graham

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:10 AM

Thanks Brian.....any chance of the developers sharing this code? There's hardly any doc regarding the karma plugin.

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

Although I'm not sure about the exact output that Andrew modified I do know that you can use this: `` to show the plugin...Try placing that in your forum sidebar file to start.

#7 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:45 AM

Ya there are some plugins around that can help you.. PageLines has developed a custom plugin for handling site operations; we may get around to releasing the code.. one of these days :)

#8 graham

graham

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:56 AM

OK, tried but failed. Can you be a little more specific...what is the forumsidebar file?