Pagelines bbpress forums theme

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 techbeak

techbeak

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

Chris, I think I understand what you're saying here. You completed all of the steps except activating the theme and plugins. I ran into this same problem. Don't go to the wordpress admin page to do this, go to the bbPress admin page. bbPress has it's own admin page. If you're logged in as the admin, you'll have and "Admin" link to click on in the top left of the forum page. When you click on it, you'll get an admin page similar to wordpress. From there, you'll be able to activate the theme and plugins. FYI, if you click on Admin, and nothing happens, log out, and back in again on the forum page. Apparently it's a common issue:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Good luck!

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:30 AM

Thanks Drew, first karma point. Thanks, Bryan

#3 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 240 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:07 AM

Yes Drew, that works just fine with the standalone bbPress forum, but how do I access that admin page when all I am using is buddypress?

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

Hey Chris here is some more info:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 240 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:28 AM

Yeah I've seen that thread before. It's over a year old & basically says it can't be done. Initially when I asked this question, I was told that your forum theme COULD be used with the buddypress only forum. Is this the case or not?

#6 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:27 PM

to quote myself from a two weeks ago: `@Chris using the bbPress template is difficult inside of BuddyPress, you have to choose to use either the BuddyPress one or the stand alone bbPress` When were you told this?

#7 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 240 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:20 PM

My original question, "In order to get your forum theme to work, do I have to have the complete standalone bbpress installed, or can I use the integrated bbpress that is included with buddypress?" Catrina's response, "You can use the integrated bbpress." Perhaps she misunderstood my question. Either way is fine, I just want to know if I should give up on getting the forum theme to work solely with Buddypress. If I may make a suggestion, please put a disclaimer somewhere on your sales page that the forum theme will only work with the standalone bbpress forums, not the version included with Buddypress. I paid the extra money for the Platform Pro Developer, thinking I could use the forum theme with Buddypress by itself. Thanks! Chris