Photo
- - - - -

Noob basic question?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 sjmcyyc

sjmcyyc

• Members

• 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

I just purchased platform pro, have read the documentation, and am kind of lost. I have a PSD layout and all the content for a clients site...now what. I have never used wordpress before, but client requested it so after research, platform seemed the way to go. This might be a stupid question...but does there have to be a blog page??...I just want to create a basic website (about 10 pages) with some forms. Did I buy the wrong product? Platforms looks so promising, so maybe (probably is) it is me. I jsut don't know where to start. I went through the videos and docs..still lost. Is there a workflow I can follow that works with platform, Is there a tutorial somewhere showing a site built with Platform Pro. I so want this to work for me, any help would be gratly appreciated. Thanks Sean

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

No, there doesn't have to be a blog page. By default, the blog page (which displays all the posts) is the home/front page, but you can easily turn the home page into a static page (a regular page with no blog posts) by going to Settings > Reading in the WordPress Dashboard. All you have to do is not post any blog entries and Platform could function just like any other website.

I think depending on what kind of website you want to create, you can come up with a plan for it (like you would with any other website) and then you can start implementing it, but first you need to learn a little more about how WordPress works and then you can start experimenting with PlatformPro. These references are very handy for beginners:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Here are some more links that might be helpful to you...
Video Overview of PlatformPro:

Demo Website and Tour:

#3 sjmcyyc

sjmcyyc

• Members

• 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

Thanks Catrina...gives me something to start with, guess there is a lot more to this than I thought...thanks again.