Photo
- - - - -

Posts by category teaser?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 aharon

aharon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

Hey everyone... so far this theme and the support from you all have been outstanding.

Another question. In our blog we want to have two stories then below that have titles of stories grouped by category below that. Like teasers. I know that Thesis has something similar, but I'm wondering if Pagelines does - or if you ninja coder dudes know of a way to do something similar.

You can see an example of this at:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Any advise or help would be hugely appreciated.

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:03 PM

I would probably try a plugin to do this. Would be much easier on your end.

#3 aharon

aharon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

Right on. I'll give this a shot and report back. Thanks.

#4 aharon

aharon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

Soooo close. It's able to pop out the proper info. It's just in a widget and puts it in a gigantic column. I'm going to talk to my developer guy here and see if there's a way to kind of compartmentalize this even more and make it look all pretty. If you know of anything like that off the top of your head I'm all ears. Would the best thing be to put this in a child theme? I'm still kind of working through all the ins and outs of this stuff. Right now I have it in the full width sidebar, but again it needs proper formatting.

#5 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

Yes, the best way is to use the child theme, platformbase. Once you activate it you can point your developer to the functions.php within the child theme. Here you can add any custom code you want to add to your website that you can't do with a plugin. There are "hooks" throughout your website that are already set up to call for things from functions.php, you just need to write them there and associate them with the appropriate hook. Check out this page for more info: