Photo
- - - - -

Feature Nav Transition Disappeared

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 joanneshawaiirrcom

joanneshawaiirrcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:32 AM

Set up homepage feature nav to display feature names and transition at 4000 between 5 slides. Worked fine for a couple of hours and then without adding anything just disappeared and cannot bring it back. I also experienced this with iBlogPro. Site is at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Tried deactivating all plugins and did not bring back the feature names and transitioning. Hope someone can help. Thank you!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

This seems to be a recurring problem in the feature sliders. I'm searching for the previous topic about this same issue. I'll post it when I find it...

#3 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

There are two possible problems. One is that the markup for you video from YouTube is not entirely correct and thus the HTML after it is slightly messed up. The other that I saw from viewing the page is that you may have a javascript error with the wp-e-commerce plugin. Try temporarily deactivating that as well.

#4 joanneshawaiirrcom

joanneshawaiirrcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:37 AM

Thank you for your reply. I changed the YouTube markup back to the "old" code and also deactivated the wp-ecommerce plug-in. The feature names and slideshow is now working again. However, is there any way to make the feature names and slideshow work while also activating the wp-ecommerce plug-in as I need to have this activated on this site? Thank you!

#5 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:00 AM

Have you tried reactivating it to see if there is an issue? It may have only been the YouTube video that was the issue. Thanks, Bryan

#6 joanneshawaiirrcom

joanneshawaiirrcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:38 AM

Thanks Bryan! Yes, I've tried leaving out the YouTube video and leaving in only the photos and that didn't work. As long as the WP ecommerce plugins are activated the feature slideshow and feature navigation names do not work. If I deactivate the wp ecommerce plugins the feature/feature nav names work great even with the YouTube video. I really need to use the ecommerce plugin for the site and also would like to use the feature slideshow. I do not really know how to work with the coding. Is there any way for both to work? Thank you.

#7 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:15 PM

I know some of the other users have been using wp-ecommerce, so I would also recommend deactivating ALL other plugins besides WPEC just to test it. I myself have been able to get it to work as well...please let us know what happens.

#8 joanneshawaiirrcom

joanneshawaiirrcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:50 AM

Thank you for your reply! I went in and deactivated all of the plugins that I have in WP. The feature slideshow did not work (no slideshow, no feature names nav). I even tried re-doing the home page and double checking everything in the features section. Nothing worked. Then I went back into the plugins and activated all plugins except the wp ecommerce and wp ecommerce gold cart plugins. The slideshow worked fine and all of the feature nav buttons appeared. It appears that the slideshow feature works fine without the 2 wp ecommerce plugins. Is there anything else that I can check or make it work? Thank you.

#9 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:46 AM

You might want to look into a WP eCommerce alternative. Thanks, Bryan

#10 joanneshawaiirrcom

joanneshawaiirrcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

Thank you Bryan. Are there any that you know will work with Platform Pro? I really hate to change right now as I am 90% done with the site and don't want to start over with a new eCommerce alternative if possible. Do you know of any workarounds to try? Thank you.

#11 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

well, we could isolate the error. Are you running Firebug? Whats the error you're getting with WP eCommerce? Have you talked to them about the issue?

#12 joanneshawaiirrcom

joanneshawaiirrcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:52 AM

Yes, I am running Firebug and tried to isolate the problem but could not. I'm not sure what error I'm getting. The feature slideshow along with the feature names nav just doesn't work with the 2 WP eCommerce plugins (WP eCommerce and WP eCommerce Gold Cart). I did try to validate the site and got the following errors (listed below) however with using PlatformPro and Platform Base I cannot try to fix all of the validation problems since I'm having trouble finding the files where the errors are located. The validation errors that I got were: Validation Output: 10 Errors 1. Warning Line 84, Column 57: The language attribute on the script element is obsolete. You can safely omit it. <script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'> ??‰ 2. Warning Line 96, Column 147: The language attribute on the script element is obsolete. You can safely omit it. ??¦les_plugin/gold_cart.js" language='JavaScript' type="text/javascript"></script> ??‰ 3. Error Line 240, Column 221: Attribute type not allowed on element iframe at this point. ??¦p-XXvMFE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe> Attributes for element iframe: Global attributes src srcdoc name sandbox seamless width height 4. Error Line 240, Column 221: Attribute allowfullscreen not allowed on element iframe at this point. ??¦p-XXvMFE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe> Attributes for element iframe: Global attributes src srcdoc name sandbox seamless width height 5. Error Line 240, Column 221: The frameborder attribute on the iframe element is obsolete. Use CSS instead. ??¦p-XXvMFE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe> ??‰ 6. Error Line 391, Column 73: Attribute alt not allowed on element a at this point. Attributes for element a: Global attributes href target ping rel media hreflang type 7. Error Line 412, Column 76: Attribute alt not allowed on element a at this point. Attributes for element a: Global attributes href target ping rel media hreflang type 8. Error Line 433, Column 80: Attribute alt not allowed on element a at this point. Attributes for element a: Global attributes href target ping rel media hreflang type 9. Error Line 454, Column 74: Attribute alt not allowed on element a at this point. Attributes for element a: Global attributes href target ping rel media hreflang type 10. Error Line 475, Column 73: Attribute alt not allowed on element a at this point. Attributes for element a: Global attributes href target ping rel media hreflang type 11. Error Line 496, Column 78: Attribute alt not allowed on element a at this point. Attributes for element a: Global attributes href target ping rel media hreflang type 12. Error Line 575, Column 48: Duplicate ID morefoot. <div id="morefoot" class="container fix"> ??‰ 13. Warning Line 574, Column 23: The first occurrence of ID morefoot was here. <div id="morefoot"> Thank you!

#13 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:20 AM

Marking for further developer review. Thanks, Bryan

#14 joanneshawaiirrcom

joanneshawaiirrcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:24 AM

Thanks. Please note also that I did not alter any of the Platform Pro/Base code via the WordPress editor. The only thing that I changed via the theme settings in the custom code was the size of the body font and nav fonts. I just installed the theme less than a week ago. Prior to that I was using iBlog Pro and had a similar problem with the feature slideshow working also. Thank you!

#15 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

I checked the console and it came back with this error in the javascript Uncaught TypeError: Object #<an Object> has no method 'livequery' (anonymous function)wp-e-commerce.js:14 Looks like something you may want to ask wp e-commerce about.