Photo
- - - - -

Need help determining if basepro and child theme are installed correctly.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 thomas02

thomas02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

Sorry to ask this, but is there a way to determine if I have set things up properly? I followed the install correctly I believe, but want to verify if the changes we are doing are a) being saved correctly and that I am putting my CSS changes in the right place. Again I"m new at this just don't want to make a bunch of changes that could get wiped out. When I make changes, I go under the Custom Code and place my rule changes there, or should I be going under Editor and places the changes in the base.css file? I am just confused as going through all the posts and some are done one place and some are done in another. Thanks for everyone's patience. btw my theme does say /themes/platformbase

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 renderinnovations

renderinnovations

• Members

• 142 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

If you have below "activated theme" showing the platformpro theme then it is correct. You can not see any real differences in the actual dashboard etc. But one way you can really check is go to -Appearance -Editor and on the top on the first window it will say Theme Name: Platform base. You can add any customized code there or use the dashboard. Short answer: you have it right.

#3 thomas02

thomas02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

Much appreciated, sorry the questions seems newbish.... just a learning curve.

#4 renderinnovations

renderinnovations

• Members

• 142 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

No prob! Once you take the time to start playing around with it, it becomes second nature. Took me a while to get used to everything too!