Photo
- - - - -

Newbie! Creating new Features

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 ianrob84

ianrob84

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:42 PM

Hi all I'm really struggling with how the features element works. I've set up the "demo" features on my homepage, I'm completely aware of how you have feature sets etc, however I have absolutely NO idea of how I'm supposed to create my own? I've seen screenshots in various other topics with "Add feature background" and "feature layouts" - I'm probably just completely missing the obvious, but can someone give me a little guidance? I'd gladly give you the URL, but it's an internal site I'm afraid! Thanks in advance Ian

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

On the left sidebar of WP you'll see tabs for Features, Boxes, Banners...they're along the same tab row as adding posts and pages from wp-dashboard.

#3 ianrob84

ianrob84

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:44 AM

Thats cool thanks, I get presented with an editor screen, for the feature title and it's content. I can't though however see where you add the background, or choose the layout... Am I missing something??

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

The "Background" that you see in the slider is actually the feature image, which you upload in the Feature Media Image section in the Platform Feature Options box (just below the editor). You will also find other options for customizing the feature slides (including style, text, etc.).

#5 ianrob84

ianrob84

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:48 AM

Hi Catrina and thanks to both you and cmunns for the advice. I have NO idea what on earth was happening with this - the when clicking "New Feature", the editor was coming up, but none of the 'PlatformPro Feature Options' were visible, in fact, the menu wasn't even there! I've logged on today and it's appeared... I've no idea what on earth was going on, but suffice to say, I'm rather pleased that it is now! Cheers guys :-)