Photo
- - - - -

Change carousel so it does not loop through all the thumbnails

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 egarcia9330

egarcia9330

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:27 PM

How do you modify the carousel so that when you hit the "left" or "right" arrows it does not loop through all the thumbnails of the gallery?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'd like for it to stop at the end and beginning of the gallery items. I'm on PlatformPro 1.2.4

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:42 AM

This is kinda tough, but I think possible. Do you know how to create a custom section from the default carousel? you're going to need to edit the JS a little

#3 egarcia9330

egarcia9330

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

not sure exactly what you mean by custom section, but I can fiddle with the JS if you tell me where to find it...

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

It's not safe from updates if you edit the core files, but at any rate you can go into section.carousel.php under PlatformPro - SEctions - carousel - section.carousel.php look for this: ` $j(".thecarousel").jcarousel({ wrap: '', visible: , easing: 'swing', scroll: , animation: 'slow' }); ` and make sure the "wrap" value is null instead of `circular`

#5 egarcia9330

egarcia9330

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

@andrew: it would be great if you guys can include a checkbox for this on the carousel settings page and sections... you know, for future release.

#6 egarcia9330

egarcia9330

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:56 PM

@cmunns: that did not work... the carousel does not move anymore.