Photo
- - - - -

What do these templates control?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 integris

integris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

I'd appreciate it if someone could briefly explain where each of these templates appear on a site or page: - Default Page - Posts Pages - Single Post Page - Page Content Area - Posts Page Content Area - Single Post Content Area I reviewed this page:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

...but I still find it a bit confusing. Thank you, Joe

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

Default Page - this is, well, the default page. Unless you specify a different page template for pages you create, this is the default layout that will be used. Posts Page - This is the template that is used on the page you designate to be your blog/posts page in the Reading section of the WP settings. Single Post Page - this is the template that dictates how the single post pages look. For example, when you click through a blog title or read more link, the individual page for that particular post. Page Content Area - This is where you can customize the actual content area (text box, comment area) of your pages. By default it just contains the main content and the comment box, but you can add additional stuff like author info and whatnot. The last ones, Posts Page and Single Post content area, is the same that I just described above but for the posts page and single post page. I hope that helps, if you have more specific questions feel free to ask.

#3 integris

integris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

Thanks, Tyler! -joe