8 replies to this topic

#1 julesmoretti

julesmoretti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:28 PM

So Case A is solved and nailed it completely I think. Somehow after doing a fresh install the deep integration worked with the login so now as a user log in it logs in to the forum as well. So most likely that I did not set it up right in the first place. Then for the buddy bar I used a plugin called "BuddyPress Sliding Login Panel" that is pretty neat and with the help of Sarah the creator of this plugin she got it to work on the forum so it is seamless: You can check all this out at www.gradiduncut.com Kind of a neat idea I think.

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

Nice! I like that solution a lot! Thanks Jules

#3 julesmoretti

julesmoretti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

My pleasure

#4 siso

siso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:01 AM

Jules, Your line of thinking is exactly what I've been looking at lately with our site. I'd like to go with the separate BBpress (better forum handling) install together with the sliding login plugin that works with Buddypress. As I'll be going this route, could you please tell me any abnormal (anything veering from the standard install instructions) modifications you had to do to achieve the end result with Platform Pro? Example: I tried getting the Sliding Login plugin working (followed the instructions) but was unsuccessful. What did you do to get it working? Thank-you!

#5 julesmoretti

julesmoretti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:56 PM

Hi Paul: I contacted Sarah the plugin developer and financed her to improve it so that it would work seamlessly with bbpress. The only thing that still remains to me a mystery although to be fair I have not looked into it much lately, is the lack of consistency in the avatar. Topic that I started and explained my advances bellow. http://www.pagelines...pic.php?id=5634 I would suggest getting in touch with Sarah for the sliding plugin see if she can explain to you what she did exactly to make it work. Best Jules