Photo

Position/change Highlight Text fields?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 nomoreplaces

nomoreplaces

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hello, I was wondering how to control the positioning and attributes of the 'featuretitle' and 'featuretext' fields in the 'Highlight Page - Standard' layout of StationPro. I have tried setting the text within these fields to different styles and classes, but I can only seem to override the size (not color or positioning). See current dev - http://acclivityit.com/ I am simply trying to move the highlight to a more upward starting position but cannot seem to figure out what style/class determines the attributes of these fields. I am also trying to have the headline text colored something else than white, which I cannot seem to override by changing the color of either H1 or its classes. My CSS is a bit rusty... Would gladly receive your hints, and if I cannot solve, pay market hourly rate to fix. Best, PM

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:24 PM

If you can't override usually you need to create more "specific" CSS rule. As a tip, use Firebug on Firefox to see if your added rules aren't specific enough... In the case of the feature headers you will need to add `.fcontent` out front to override the rules (this is because the feature headers had to override the regular content headers) so example: `.fcontent h1, .fcontent h2, .fcontent h3, .fcontent h4, .fcontent h5, .fcontent h6 {color:#HEXCOLOR;}`

#3 nomoreplaces

nomoreplaces

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

Isn't the above rule just a class for h1? I already tried adding a new class for h1 in order to override the color settings. (I am assuming I would just add it to the main stylesheet and then mark the class in the field form of the page setting.) I have some relatively minor changes I need done for this theme. I made the mistake of taking on a project for a friend when my technical skills are less than apt... If I paid you $100 per hour UP FRONT (say in an initial $600 installment) would you be willing to fix the CSS and get this page behaving decently?

#4 nomoreplaces

nomoreplaces

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

The text for the featuretitle field now is inputed as...

<h1 class="fcontent">AcclivITy is dedicated to addressing critical support needs and solving complex problems for our clients.</h1>

And in the master stylesheet, the class has been defined as...

.fcontent h1, .fcontent h2, .fcontent h3, .fcontent h4, .fcontent h5, .fcontent h6 {color:#000000;}

The color is still showing up as white though...

Like I said, I would be very happy to pay to get this fixed.

#5 nomoreplaces

nomoreplaces

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:29 PM

I noticed that I could finally override the color if I entered the CSS in the custom CSS field of the theme options (versus the master stylesheet). I wish I knew where the settings for the custom fields were themselves (if not in the master stylesheet). Anyway, I am sure this confusion is over my lack of understanding... So how would I also override the positioning of the featuretitle and featuretext custom fields? I want to move both of these upwards... http://acclivityit.com/

#6 nomoreplaces

nomoreplaces

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:55 PM

Nevermind on above. I did not think I could do relative positioning... I think I solved it. :)

#7 nomoreplaces

nomoreplaces

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

Ok, one more question Andrew... I am having an problem getting the 'featuretitle' text to display properly in IE. (It shows way too big while the sizing in Firefox and Safari display is fine). If I was doing plain HTML, I would just create a separate stylesheet and link to it in the <head> tag. How do I do this with your theme though?

#8 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:18 AM

Hey nomoreplaces. Open up the header.php file in the theme directory. Look for this: ` ` Just enter in the linked style sheet as you normally would in html. (in the correct [if] blocks) Let me know if anything is unclear. :)