Photo
- - - - -

How to change feature text width?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 maurice

maurice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:25 AM

Using Feature Boxes on front page of site. I can see how to change the Feature height and modifu padding around the text box (using Firebug and Custom CSS) but I can't find any way of controlling the width of the text box. I realise this will affect the maximum width of the graphic (which is?)

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

Hi Maurice - You can adjust the width of .fcontent (eg:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

). But, you will also have to adjust the width of ".fmedia" accordingly. Currently it is set to 643px, leaving 603px for an image, I believe.

#3 maurice

maurice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:55 PM

Thanks Kate,

I used your suggestion vis:

.fmedia{width:560px !important;}
.fcontent{width:400px !important;}

However this also changes the settings for the Full Width Image page
Posted Image

I haven't checked the effect on the other Feature Text Position Options.

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

Maurice, You could just preface the rule with the page id being applied to your body tag. Use Firebug to get the appropriate id. e.g. `body.page-id-xxx .fcontent {...}`

#5 projectsimply

projectsimply

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:02 PM

Are there any plans to allow you to use the feature slider in the content area set in your content template under template set up? It is not currently available as an option but it would be really useful.This solution is for me a coding challenge I had hoped to avoid by acquiring Platform Pro so on reflection is a huge disappointment. Any help would be appreciated therefore.

#6 maurice

maurice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:40 AM

Hi Andrew, As far as I can see the page-id stays the same for all elements within a feature slider - at least when I view the source. I haven't managed to find a unique page id for each feature. What I was trying to do was use a different Feature Text Position setting for one of the features. (e.g. Text on Right for most with a Full Widtch Image on one page.)

#7 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:26 AM

Hi Maurice, Can you just provide me a link to the page(s) in which are the only you want the style applied? Thanks, Bryan

#8 maurice

maurice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:25 AM

Hi Bryan

I've built a new page to demo the problem. It's at

Both Feature pages are the same EXCEPT for the "Feature Text Position" which for Feature 1 is Full Width - no text and Feature 2 is Text on Right.

Here is the custom code (provided by Kate above) that generates the behaviour.

.fmedia{width:600px !important;}
.fcontent{width:360px !important;}

Maurice

#9 maurice

maurice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:28 AM

Bryan The behaviour I would have expected is for the image in Feature 1 to be centre justified. I'm still working on the site. At the moment I have used a different style to remove the need for this feature. Maurice

#10 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:46 AM

Try this out: ` #feature_slider .fmedia .dcol-pad { float: left; overflow: hidden; padding: 0; text-align: center; } ` You'll now need to make the image the right size to fill the space. Thanks, Bryan

#11 maurice

maurice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

Hi Bryan, No that didn't do what I wanted which was to control the width of the text and graphic boxes in a feature slider. Kate's code did the trick but it also changed the way the "Feature Text Position": Full Width - no text justification too. I can use a different layout if this is too hard to achieve. Maurice

#12 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:02 PM

Hi Maurice - So you want the feature styles to change within the same slider? Or, on different sliders? If it's different sliders, then what Andrew was referring to above would be (for instance):

#13 maurice

maurice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

Yes Kate - I wanted to change the styles in the same slider which I seemed to be able to do until I had applied the custom code you provided. Anyway, I think I'll change the design so I won't run into the limitation. Thank you for your assistance.

#14 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

Do you still need further assistance?