Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Settings Not Saving with PlatformBase

Question

Posted · Report post

I have the same issue (again), Interestingly, was making changes just fine, then poof, custom css settings are not being/getting saved. WP 3.0.5 PP 1.2.3 permissions on dynamic.css 666 plugins have been disabled. cheers, bev

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

1.3 will address this issue, you'll be able to disable the AJAX save feature. Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

Note that only by checking the "Make Dynamic CSS Inline?" box could I solve the problem that addresses this question.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for sharing bstp; just earned your first karma point. Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

Hi All I posted this as a new question earlier today, but Bevj kindly pointed me to this thread and it seems to be a similar issue so I thought I should move it here. I installed Platform Pro yesterday and just started customising it today. When I try to save any setting (for example Design Control => Body Background Color) the "Saving...." dialogue box comes up but just continues to cycle without closing. The changes don't take effect. I'm running PHP 5.1.6 (not in safe mode) and Wordpress 3.1.4 because my server won't support an upgrade to 3.2.1 and I've tried in Safari and Firefox (OSX Lion), but it's the same problem in both. I've tried the following: 1. Switch to default Wordpress template and switch back 2. Chmod dynamic.css to 666 I've also tried to switch Ajax Saving off in the settings, but I'm caught in a catch22 (it won't save that setting because it's trying to save it with ajax saving). I assume it's a server issue, but does anyone have any idea what it might be? Alternatively, is it possible to switch Ajax Saving off in the code rather than through the Admin Panel? =) best wishes Marc

Posted · Report post

Add the following to platformbase/functions.php [code]pagelines_update_option( 'disable_ajax_save', 'yes' );[/code] That will disable ajax saving. Just a gentle reminder php 5.1.6 is FIVE yes FIVE years out of date! If your host refuses to upgrade I would find a new proper host before your insecure site gets hacked ( if its not already! )

Posted · Report post

worked like a charm, thanks so much Simon!

Posted · Report post

This same thing is happening to me now in version 2.2.2. (WP 3.4.1) I have tried all above suggestions to no avail.

Posted · Report post

Sorry for my bad english. But I??ve got the same issue like "digitalenvy" when i want to drag and drop in the Drag & Drop Template Setup i can move the icons, AJAX saving doesnt work. i have disable the AJAX saving, but no effect. I deactivate and ativate every plugin. Testet in Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Build a new block without plugins and installed the Theme 2.2.2 again. But nothing happen??. Everytime the same like this: [img]http://www.quiel.de/dragdrop.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

Hi it is a htaccess problem. i cleared the .htaccess file and try it again. it works. but know i had to know what kind of problem it is cause i need the the htaccess file. can somebody help me?