Settings Not Saving with PlatformBase

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bevj

bevj

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:28 PM

I have the same issue (again), Interestingly, was making changes just fine, then poof, custom css settings are not being/getting saved. WP 3.0.5 PP 1.2.3 permissions on dynamic.css 666 plugins have been disabled. cheers, bev

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:50 AM

1.3 will address this issue, you'll be able to disable the AJAX save feature. Thanks, Bryan

#3 bstp

bstp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:42 AM

Note that only by checking the "Make Dynamic CSS Inline?" box could I solve the problem that addresses this question.

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:07 AM

Thanks for sharing bstp; just earned your first karma point. Thanks, Bryan

#5 creativespark

creativespark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:59 AM

Hi All I posted this as a new question earlier today, but Bevj kindly pointed me to this thread and it seems to be a similar issue so I thought I should move it here. I installed Platform Pro yesterday and just started customising it today. When I try to save any setting (for example Design Control => Body Background Color) the "Saving...." dialogue box comes up but just continues to cycle without closing. The changes don't take effect. I'm running PHP 5.1.6 (not in safe mode) and Wordpress 3.1.4 because my server won't support an upgrade to 3.2.1 and I've tried in Safari and Firefox (OSX Lion), but it's the same problem in both. I've tried the following: 1. Switch to default Wordpress template and switch back 2. Chmod dynamic.css to 666 I've also tried to switch Ajax Saving off in the settings, but I'm caught in a catch22 (it won't save that setting because it's trying to save it with ajax saving). I assume it's a server issue, but does anyone have any idea what it might be? Alternatively, is it possible to switch Ajax Saving off in the code rather than through the Admin Panel? =) best wishes Marc

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

Add the following to platformbase/functions.php

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

That will disable ajax saving.

Just a gentle reminder php 5.1.6 is FIVE yes FIVE years out of date! If your host refuses to upgrade I would find a new proper host before your insecure site gets hacked ( if its not already! )

#7 creativespark

creativespark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

worked like a charm, thanks so much Simon!

#8 lucasgarvin

lucasgarvin

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

This same thing is happening to me now in version 2.2.2. (WP 3.4.1) I have tried all above suggestions to no avail.

#9 wildcat

wildcat

• Members

• 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

Sorry for my bad english. But I??ve got the same issue like "digitalenvy" when i want to drag and drop in the Drag & Drop Template Setup i can move the icons, AJAX saving doesnt work. i have disable the AJAX saving, but no effect. I deactivate and ativate every plugin. Testet in Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Build a new block without plugins and installed the Theme 2.2.2 again. But nothing happen??. Everytime the same like this:
Posted Image

#10 wildcat

wildcat

• Members

• 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

Hi it is a htaccess problem. i cleared the .htaccess file and try it again. it works. but know i had to know what kind of problem it is cause i need the the htaccess file. can somebody help me?