Photo
- - - - -

Best practice to do this design

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 ruiganga

ruiganga

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

Hi I am almost there but I need tips to: - make the footer like it show in the picture; - make those 3 boxes that are shown in the pictures just after features here is the pictures:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

thanks for helpful best practice tips :)

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

What is going inside of those boxes? The PageLines boxes will not work for you? For the footer you need to edit some css since you want to change the number of columns. You can go ahead and add all those widgets to the footer columns widget area and add this css ` .dcol_5 { margin-left: 20px; width: 176px; } ` (this is default)...so modify the width until all of your widgets are present.

#3 ruiganga

ruiganga

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

thanks for the tip my only problem with boxes is that I can't understand how to use only the and ignoring text. should I just type some css to have bigger pictures? like width: 245px; margin-right: 15px; ?

#4 ruiganga

ruiganga

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

thanks to cmunns tip i did almost all I wanted to do to the footer. I've added 4 widget_nav_menu() and 1 widget_text() and did some css: /*FOOTER*/ #fcolumns_container .widget_nav_menu{ width: 110px; margin-left:5px; } #fcolumns_container .widget_text{ background-image: url(image.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 326px; height: 46px; float: right; } thanks for the help!

#5 kwebber77

kwebber77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:15 PM

Hi, Would love the answer to the Boxes question as well. I understand that it can be achieved with sizing the images in photoshop and some CSS w/firebug tweaks. BUT. Changing the CSS will also change the other Box Sets i have which i want to keep as is.