Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Challenge with Whitehouse Pro Footer Options

Question

Posted · Report post

I have been using the Whitehouse Pro and things are going well except for one thing that doesn't seem to be working for us. We are trying to use the Whitehouse Pro Options - Footer Options - Site Terms Statement field. We want to place a link there to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. However, when we put the standard /a links in the field and save it, it works only just long enough tell we make any other change in wordpress. Then it removes the links. How we can successfully place a couple of simple links in the Site Terms Statement field? Thanks! Sterling

12 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Is this problem normal for the Whitehouse Pro or is it something unusual for our deployment? Any other experiences? Thanks!

Posted · Report post

So the anchor tags get wiped every time you make a change in Wordpress or specifically in the PageLines options?

Posted · Report post

Exactly. I put in the links to the privacy document and terms of service document, both. It looks fine initially, but then gets wiped out.

Posted · Report post

Is it because I am putting two links?

Posted · Report post

Strange... I don't think we have seen that one yet. (we have many customers adding links to this field) Does it do the same thing with one link?

Posted · Report post

Yes. I tried it with just one link and it did the same thing. Right after I saved the link in the footer section it looks weird. See the attached image. Footer-image.jpg I just put in the following code: "Terms of Use" Hit save and then it looks like the image. when I looked at the website, it seemed to be working. As soon as I made another save on the WP options, it disappeared.

Posted · Report post

Could it be because of the copyright symbol in the footer as well?

Posted · Report post

Is anybody else having trouble using the copyright symbol in the footer?

Posted · Report post

Sterling, are you having problems with any of your other options?

Posted · Report post

Jnoh, No, it appears to be just that one field. The footer option seems to be the only field with a problem.

Posted · Report post

It only seems to occur when a change is made in the whitehouse pro options section.