Photo
- - - - -

Visual Editor buttons generate 404 error

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 maurice

maurice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:44 PM

Not sure if this is theme related or a WP problem. The Visual Editor appears fine for Posts an Pages but when I try and use the "Insert Custom Character" tool, "Find" tool and a bunch of others I get a 404 error with Hostgator logo in the javascript popup window. Tried re-installing WP and installing the TinyMCE Advanced plugin but with no effect. Googled... Thought it may be a folder permissions issue but I'm not sure which folder ! Any ideas please? Running WP 3.0.4 hosted on Hostgator and originally installed Fantastico. Default MCE editor being used.

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:09 AM

Hi Maurice - Is that the only button you're getting the error for? Also, do you have any other plugins installed?

#3 maurice

maurice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

No that isn't the only button/tool I'm having problems with. "Insert Custom Character" "Find" "Text Color-More Colors" "Paste plain text" "Paste MS Word" "Insert/Edit embedded media" "Insert custom character" <sigh> I have the following plugins as recommended by Pagelines intro Post Types Order cforms -- having real problems with email from this... Twitter for Wordpress WP-PageNavi

#4 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:32 PM

Okay... Try temporarily disabling those plugins, and see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, you know it's a plugin issue, and you can reactivate them one by one until you find the culprit. Also: are you running the latest version of WP?

#5 maurice

maurice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

Yes I'm running the latest version of WP 3.0.4 hosted on Hostgator and originally installed using Fantastico. Disabled all plugins and problem persists. I have used the same installation process on another domain (sub-domain) without Pagelines and it has the same problem so it looks as if it is a hosting problem. Will contact Hostgator and let you know result.

#6 maurice

maurice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:20 AM

I think I found the problem. Wordpress was installed in a sub domain (long story - was trying out a number of web site options over multiple domains) and after I decided on Pagelines/WP the top domain was cleared. This seemed to upset WP. When WP was installed in top domain as well all worked fine. Cleared the lot and started again. Looking ok. Thanks for your help Kate.

#7 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:34 AM

Well, I wasn't too helpful, but no worries :) Thanks for posting back with your info as well.