Photo
- - - - -

Image in text widget (relative position) hidden behind divs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 melair

melair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:50 PM

My testing site:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I am using the text widget to insert an image (the hand with tree) into the left sidebar. I want it to line up flush with the edge of the content area / canvas, so that there is no white space between the arm and the grey bkgrd area. I am using relative positioning on the image, so it is approximately where I want it to be if I look at it with firebug. But I cannot get the left edge to be visible above the divs to the left on the content area. Added z-index, but that did not help. Can you help please? :-)

#2 intellagentz

intellagentz

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

Can't figure this one out.

#3 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

Hm, if the image can't be repositioned, perhaps you can reposition the widget it's located in using z-index.

#4 melair

melair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:37 AM

I tried to reposition the text widget as well and use z-index, but the result was exactly the same as it looks now. Somehow z-index does not seem to have any effect.

#5 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

@Melissa I'm sure there's a couple options to doing this, but this is what I would do: dump the styles you currently have for that image and use this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This brings the sidebar div flush with the left column, replaces the margin difference with padding so it's not visible on the other widgets, and pulls that text widget over. ;)

#6 melair

melair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:43 AM

@Kate: Worked like a charm! Thanks so much - mega mega karma to you :-)