Photo
- - - - -

Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 cshoffmann

cshoffmann

Advocate

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

Site with error:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I activated Platform Pro on a site I had built with the Avisio Theme by Kriesi. Everything install fine, except when I went to edit the menu. It won't let me edit the menu and reports this error: Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in formatting.php on line 445 Does anyone know how to fix this when activating Platform Pro on a site that previously had a them that obviously wasn't updated? I am in desperate need of help here! Thank you in advance! Shaun

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:02 AM

You may have to dump any db tables previously associated with the prior theme OR if you've simply deactivated it without deleting it then it might work to just delete it.

#3 cshoffmann

cshoffmann

Advocate

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:57 AM

The old theme had a portfolio, so what I did was activated the old theme, then removed the pages pertaining to the portfolio posts from the Appearance>Menus, then I reactivated Platform Pro. Okay so that took care of the menu problem, but now I have issue with the Platform Pro>Settings. It won't function properly now, the only action pages I can see in the platform pro settings admin are the global and intro. Clicking on Header and Nav for example does not work now. Any thoughts? Instruction? Want to log in and see for your self?

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

Are you getting a JS error? (see in Firebug) Could be a conflict with a plugin... (deactivate them to see) A screenshot would suffice. Did you install with the right naming: `platformpro` -- `platformbase`