Photo
- - - - -

A suggestion for the next version of PlatformPro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 codysan

codysan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

Can we please have a bigger input box for custom code??? Thanks PC

#2 mnix

mnix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

I don't mean to sound elitist here, but if you're going to use a lot of custom code, wouldn't you be using a full fledged code editor like TextMate or Coda or BBEdit? If you do, then just copy and paste into the custom CSS menu once you're done. If you don't use a code editor, I'd suggest finding a free one, because it makes coding a lot easier with color coding, line breaks, etc. Edit or create code, copy, and paste into WordPress :)

#3 codysan

codysan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

I've been doing that with Dreamweaver . . . but doing it in the custom code area saves a couple of extra moves. And it has less to do with the quantity of the code, than it does with the quality of my eyesight . . .

#4 bevj

bevj

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:25 AM

In the meantime if you use google chrome (gasp) it allows you to adjust the size of the large imput boxes

#5 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

Right, Chrome might be the solution here.. If we made the box much bigger it would clutter up the interface. Andrew

#6 webmachiavelli

webmachiavelli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:41 AM

I would suggestion you move it to the top of Custom Code Page. I mean really have many times is someone going to insert their PageLines Partner Link and check the box for Activate Forum Options?

#7 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:59 AM

Good point.. Taken.