Photo
- - - - -

adjust feature box in iblogpro3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 josiahdthompson

josiahdthompson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:28 PM

Hey,

here is a link to a web site I;m working on:detection science

Basically what my client is looking for is an online business card. download a pdf and present a new product. what he wants to do is decrease the height of the feature box by 1/3.

You will also notice that he created content for his main page in the footer. This is because of the gray dividing lines.
What I would like to do is recreate the footer as the body content on the home page, delete the footer, and merge the header with the body so it appears to be one box.

he gave me an example of the direction he wants to go:Idex any assistance on what to do would be great.
thank you
Josiah

#2 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

This will require quite a bit of custom work. Do you want it flush against each other? Or would having them in separate containers right next to each other be okay?

#3 josiahdthompson

josiahdthompson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:47 AM

I would prefer to merge the containers so it appears to be one box. I understand if it is a lot of custom work. If it is to much to explain it would be good to know how to: first: move content of footer into main page second: delete footer any help would be great. thank you

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:30 PM

Hi Josiah, I'm trying to follow what you want to do.. On the main page if you would like to hide the footer; you could add a custom field and then we could add a check for it in footer.php. Moving the content of the footer should be as easy as cut/pasting the content from the widgets. Merging the header with the body is something I don't quite understand yet... any chance of getting a mockup?

#5 josiahdthompson

josiahdthompson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:32 PM

Hi, sorry its been a while,

here is kind of what I am looking for

Idex.com

Turns out I had server problems and so I had to start all over.

Notice the design of idex-hs.com

the web site I am creating is like an online business card that presents new products and has a contact form on it.

If the boxes simply snapped together It would work. Removing the footer would be ideal. All I really want there is the legal links on the bottom.