Photo
- - - - -

Header

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 travistsickle

travistsickle

• Members

• 140 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

How can I put a phone number next to my logo on the top of my page? www.sicklehunter.com

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:48 AM

You could do so with a hook and then style with CSS:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks, Bryan

#3 travistsickle

travistsickle

• Members

• 140 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:34 PM

so base-child-theme is a different theme from pagelines pro that I should install?

#4 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

@T The child theme is a theme that's built off of PlatformPro. It has the benefit of allowing you to do customization without overwriting the core files. This is especially beneficial when you're upgrading ;)

#5 travistsickle

travistsickle

• Members

• 140 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:44 PM

so I uploaded the child theme and then I am supposed to go to appearance >> editor >> and click the base.css file and edit?

#6 travistsickle

travistsickle

• Members

• 140 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:49 PM

then what is the difference between adding code to the custom css section and editing the base.css file ?

#7 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

Editing base.css allows you to have more control over the css, adding, deleting or editing styles, rather than the custom css section, which only can add more styles to the bottom, to override the ones in the css file. I guess its just a matter of preference. You can achieve any CSS you're trying to do with either method. I would recommend using the base.css if your going to do a lot of changes to the css, and use the custom css box if changes are minimal.