Photo
- - - - -

weired thumbnails

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 thomas_c

thomas_c

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

hey guys, first of all: great work! :) really enjoying platform pro. i have a couple of question regarding the post thumbnais. how would i add custom code to make the excerpt wrap the post thumbnail? i use rather big thumbnail wich make the excerpt/text move into the sidebar + it looks silly. also, is there a way to hide the thumbnail while on a single post page? finally, can the byline be moved from below the title to below the excerpt, or should i just hide it and recall it via hook? thanks! keep up the great work, tom

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:42 AM

Let's get a link and I'll see about styling it nicer. Thanks, Bryan

#3 thomas_c

thomas_c

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:22 AM

hey bryan, i'm still on mamp local server. i'll post a screenshot later on, will that do? try changing the media settings in wp, you'll see what i mean. wp>>settings>>media>> make the thumbnails something like 600x600

#4 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

Hey Tom - First, you can hide the thumb on a single page by going to "Settings->Blog and Posts->Post Thumbnail Placement" and unchecking "Single Post Page". For the other two: If you copy template.postloop.php into your child theme, you can make modifications to it in there.

#5 thomas_c

thomas_c

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

Great! Thanks Guys. I'll post u some feedback, when done. tom