Photo
- - - - -

how or where do I change the background image color

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 britta2010

britta2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

Happy new year great pagelines guys! I really love your products! Now I'm in need of them help. I'm using the Eco pro theme and have changed the theme main color from green to red. Now currently and especially when opening my site on the iPad, the green background shows up on top, right and bottom. I have tried to use Firebug to change the color from green to white resp. To delete the background image (bg.png) completely but that doesn't work. Could you help please? Thanks! Brit

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Ok, I know this is probably really obvious but have you tried clearing your browser cache?

#3 britta2010

britta2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

Hi Jimmy, well sure, some things are truely simplier than you'd think right? But in this Case I have seen the image in the background. Its not my cache I would think. I can send you a screenshot off of firebug if you tell me your email address. I think then it's obvious.

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:38 AM

Can, we get a link? That would be simplest than just write some CSS for you. Or just post the CSS you're currently trying and clean it up if need be. Thanks, Bryan

#5 britta2010

britta2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

Thanks Bryan, if you check my site www.diebestenipadapps.de in Firefox and scroll to the very right and very bottom you see some green background there. The pic that does this is called "bg.png". I tried Firebug to delete that but somehow that change wouldnt be kept. Have already posted a question on Firebug Form too. If you know a quick and better way where I can find the image to just delete it in the stylesheet that would be fab fab fab. Thx Brit

#6 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:18 AM

Ah yes, I see it. Its being caused by the background color of the body. In design control, try changing the body background color (its the first color choice) to the nice red you have going on in the footer (#8a0002). Or you can paste this into the custom CSS box in the 'custom code' options:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#7 britta2010

britta2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

Hi Jimmy, thanks! I just did. Changed it in my WP-panel (dashboard), Clicked on ECO Pro, then "Theme Options", then "Custom Code" and then "Custom CSS" and inserted your style above. No sign of change unfortunately. The other choice you're mentioning "In design control, try changing the body background color (its the first color choice)" where can I allocate this? I would like try that instead. Thanks for your help. Britta

#8 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:31 AM

Try: `body{background:none #8a0002}` Thanks, Bryan

#9 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

Oh, I'm sorry I assumed you were using Platform Pro for some reason. I think you'll have to go the CSS route.

#10 britta2010

britta2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

Hiya guys. Everything is sorted! Thanks Very much!