Photo
- - - - -

Forum Installation Guide

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:20 AM

Please refer to this for help regarding forum installation: http://www.pagelines...allation-guide/

Any questions and comments, feel free to ask here.

#2 debh

debh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:43 AM

Hello, I really did not want to admit defeat, but I am totally clueless. I have integrated wordpress and bbpress and I tried the old add the: include_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-blog-header.php' ); so, I added it right before the closing tags in the: bp-config.php file. Error on line 64. Over and over. What am I missing? The file is named "forum" singular not plural. It is in the root directory just like the wordpress install. Somebody please, help me to end this nightmare. I just want to finish this project and leave it behind as if it were all a bad dream. I am very good at following verbatim instructions. Not so good at guessing. :( Right now I am guessing that the line of code that was recommended is not a literal piece of code. So, how do I find and add the missing pieces? Very confused in Louisiana.

#3 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

Hey DebH, I'd love to answer your questions. So where did you place your bbPress install on your server? is it in the same folder as wordpress?

#4 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:43 PM

DebH, I can talk to you here if you'd like. I'll be on till 5pm pst. http://pagelines.campfirenow.com/edb6e

#5 debh

debh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

Hey Jnoh, I apologize, I was out o pocket or a day. When I installed wordpress, I installed it in the root of my site. Then, I turned around and added a folder under public_html (root directory I assume) called "forum" in this older is where the bbpress is. I went through the steps of integration and received an email that I had completed this task successfully. Then, came the task from hell, "Deep Integration." :( Now, I am totally grateful to you for any help and advice you may have. Sincerely, Deb

#6 fogger

fogger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:22 AM

hey I noticed a difference here is the code I used from bbpress and I got it to work..it differs from the code pagelines is offering take a look.. This integration step is also known as ???deep??? integration, it is a totally optional part of integration and is not required to get shared cookies and logins working. In order to do it, you need to put require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/path/to/wp-load.php'); in bbPress??™ bb-config.php (wp-load.php is in the same directory as WordPress??™ wp-config.php file, so if your bbPress folder is directly inside your WordPress folder, the command becomes require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../wp-load.php'); Notice the wp-load..I dont know but this is different..I just stopped in here to see whats up I went to bbpress after I got the station pro forum..Hope this helps