Photo
- - - - -

Problems changing colors

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 egarcia9330

egarcia9330

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:42 AM

Hi. I recently installed the platformpro template on my wordpress site. I imported the settings from a test account I had at pagelines, but for some reason the colors refuse to change from the standard black/white. I tried restoring to default and setting the colors again manually but still it doesn't seem to be recognizing the colors I input. My wordpress site is located at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:26 AM

strange, are you using multisite or is anything strange about your setup? The dynamic.css file should be updating with your color changes.. If you continue to have issues, can you post a screencast to show us the issue?

#3 egarcia9330

egarcia9330

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:32 PM

No multisite, pretty much out-of-box setup. I will try to put a screencast together and post on this thread. Is there a way to get e-mail notifications when you guys reply?

#4 egarcia9330

egarcia9330

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

Here is the screencast

#5 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:30 AM

This is because that's the footer bg color and not the body. Adding: `body #footer{background:#fff}` To Custom CSS should do the trick. Thanks, Bryan

#6 egarcia9330

egarcia9330

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

This doesn't do anything. I have a test account at

and you can see that the colors show up correctly. I initially set up the template here and then exported the settings so I could import them to my production site which is

I just simply cannot get the colors to change on my production site, and I don't know where the css files are so I can check and see if the settings are corrupted or not.

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

Try editing the CSS in the base.css file instead (located in PlatformBase, the child theme).

#8 egarcia9330

egarcia9330

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:41 AM

That did it. I realized I only uploaded platformpro but I never uploaded the platformbase to the site. Now that I did it and activated the "base" theme works perfect. Thank you!

#9 egarcia9330

egarcia9330

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:07 AM

I realized that after uploading the pagelines base all the color settings seemed to work, but now it seems that if I change those settings they are not reflected on the site unless I change the current theme. For example I change the background color and click save, then I would have to go and activate the pagelines base theme and then go back and re-activate the pagelines pro (or vice-versa) theme for the changes to show.

#10 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:07 AM

Are you using any caching plugins, that could be the problem. Thanks, Bryan

#11 historicshed

historicshed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

I am actually having the same problem. I am new to Platform Pro. I have the Base theme activated and when I make changes to the settings (particularly colors in Design Control), they aren't reflected in my page preview unless I activate the main theme, then reactivate the base template. I know that's not how it's supposed to work. I do not have any caching plugins installed.

#12 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:25 AM

Try activating the WordPress default theme and then reactivate the base theme. Thanks, Bryan

#13 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:44 AM

Ya this is a strange one, are you on 1.2.1?

#14 historicshed

historicshed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

I moved this issue to a new thread hoping I could get some help figuring out my quirk:

#15 optionease

optionease

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:37 PM

I was having the exact same issue and followed Bryan Hadaway's tip to activate another theme and then reactivate the base theme and that fixed the problem. Thanks Bryan!!

#16 orilus

orilus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

I'm having to activate another them and reactivate 1.2.2 every time I change a color in the Design Control. Not fun.

#17 egarcia9330

egarcia9330

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:15 PM

Same issue here and I am on PlatformPro 1.2.0 and PlatformBase 1.0.4 So basically we have to switch/toggle any template out to be able to see the changes made in the color/design section.