Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Add Custom Fields to Bylines

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello: I see the Platform options to select post byline metadata. Additionally, I would like to include additional Custom Fields that I have added to my individual posts. Can you tell me how to add a Custom Field value to my Byline? Many thanks! site: www.bookinwithsunny.com

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

If you've tried it already and it isn't working, there should be a new way. I'll mark this for admin attention.

Posted · Report post

Hey TJ, Good catch, yes we changed out the hooks for filters. Which gives you actual control of the content. so to edit: ` add_filter('pagelines_post_metabar', 'customize_metabar'); function customize_metabar($metabar){ $mymetabar = 'test'.$metabar; //$metabar is the original metabar return $mymetabar; } `

Posted · Report post

It took me a bit to convert to the hook, but I got it. Thank you and I'd love to see these types of changes in the notes or change logs...if I missed that please point me there! --TJ

Posted · Report post

That's it, thank you very much!

Posted · Report post

There is a hook for this... try adding code (to Base) as follows: ` add_action('pagelines_loop_metabar_end', 'addthistobyline'); function addthistobyline(){?> my byline code or html <?php } `

Posted · Report post

With 1.2.2 is seems that the pagelines_loop_metabar_end hook has been removed. Is there a new way for me to modify the byline section? Thanks!