Photo
- - - - -

Latest Blogposts section on static page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 307 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

Hi, I'm trying to achieve the following in PFP. A homepage with my three main activities on it that link to static pages for further information. I also want the latest three blogposts on the homepage that link to individual posts pages, but... There should also be a seperate blog page apart from the frontpage for categories, archive etc. It should look something like this (structure-wise) generic PFP icons will of course be replaced. I figured that the best thing to do is to make a static page as a homepage and load 'blocks' in main content that link to three static follow-up pages for my main activities. What I find hard to achieve though is to create a very brief summary of my blog (title-excerpt-readmore). I would also like to have, as mentioned, a full blog/posts page that looks more like a normal blog, with title, byline and summary. Those posts link to individual posts pages. I guess that I need a custom section to achieve what I need on the front page. I have looked through the custom section video in Pageline Docs and examined the pullquote-code but after creating the section and the document I get stuck in what code to use to make it look like I want. Thanks for any help. I would be glad to explain further if the above isn't clear enough. Kind regards and best wishes to you all for 2011. Jan Peeters

#2 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 307 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

Sorry the image didn't come through:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 307 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

Well I don't know what it is but no image get's through after posting it. Here is a link to it:

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:53 PM

I find it best to use a plugin for this

It likely as PHP you can extract and use or even a shortcode that can be placed in the page content

#5 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 307 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

Hi Adam, thanks for your hint. I'll have a look at it.

#6 otreva

otreva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:44 AM

Hi Jan, Were you able to find the PHP code needed to do this? I am interested in the same thing.