• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hughhempel

hughhempel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

I have scoured the "documentation" AND this forum... The only 'useful' info I can find about this OP subject (Customizing the Comment Form) is provided by Andrew above... Unfortunately, this does not even get me started... Can someone fill in the large voids left my Andrews answer? Where is the doc that describes the filters? Where do these filters go in my child theme? Better yet, can someone provide a solution that does not require the complexity of these filters!? This should really be a simple fix... I think that the Platform has actually made something far more complicated than necessary... Thanks in advance!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:32 AM

Do you have the child theme (PlatformBase) activated? If so, you add that filter to the functions.php file (Appearance > Editor > functions.php). It can be added at the very bottom.

#3 hughhempel

hughhempel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:13 AM

Actually, after an hour or so of google searches I concluded that making a change to a "new" comments.php that I created in my base theme root folder by copying the same file from platformpro root was the MUCH easier path (for me)...

I replaced:

comment_form();

with

comment_form(array('title_reply'=>'Tell us what you think...', 'label_submit'=>'Tell Us'));

It appears to be working fine... Maybe this will help others...

#4 linneacorn

linneacorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:08 AM

Thanks! Helped me. Now how do we get rid of the text below the comment box about HTML tags?

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

You can hide that by adding this code to the Custom Code CSS area in your settings:

p.form-allowed-tags {display: none;}

#6 raezerj

raezerj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:58 AM

Both tips work -- thanks!