Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PlatformPro Version 1.2.0

49 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

@Jan, well Custom CSS is stored in your site's Database, which will be maintained regardless of the theme. There are currently two ways of setting up customization that won't be overwritten by updates: 1. Custom CSS (Stored in DB) 2. Child Theme CSS File (Child themes aren't overwritten either)

Posted · Report post

Hey Pagelines Team - you folks outdid yourself again.Version 1.2 is very powerful.There is a alot more horsepower and I am getting a lot more mileage in faster time with the new design control features. - you all have made my year.I was already very jazzed about Pagelines - it's an awesome and amazing product - better than sliced bread... but given the new upgrades I am even more so now. and the timing couldn't have been better - I was getting ready to get heavy into the style sheets - and I have one site that requires a full screen background -and I was struggling to get that to work with the old version. anyhoo, I was just about to dig into alot of styling to change font colors, etc.when the new version was announced. ok so I am more akin to forum commenter Mike Boysen's ilk. I don't consider myself a designer or a developer - yes I can do a lot of these type tasks - but by trade I am a photo agent, entrepreneur, activist,and internet marketer - I build these sites to help my photographers and creatives present better and market on the web - essentially marketing functions. I am blessed that I know enough about coding and styling and I have the artistic sensibilities to get a well designed website up and running - but I really would prefer to be spending my time doing what I do best - marketing vs. writing code and styling. Drag and Drop is naturally going to attract folks of my ilk - so I am grateful that you folks are on top of it - really listening to your customers and stakeholders and giving us what we want. It's wonderful to be here. I am crazy nuts about your products - I am with you for life. as an aside I switched to canvas mode - very jazzed about that. I will let you all know how it goes. Casting my vote for more Custom Post Type support. CPT are driving me nutty. I did hear that Wordpess is working on evolving that function - would like to be able to build the Features and carousels with page content vs. post content. Because the site I am working on now is only built on pages - i would have to create duplicate content on blog/post pages to use these elements and i am disappointed that I can't use them in this latest website because they are wonderful. I would also like to be able to create/embed multiple carousels on the same page - i think somebody else mentioned that in one of the threads on the forum. Oh and your documentation with 1.2 is very much improved - very clear..so keep that coming anyway, that's it for now.back to web build - keep up the great work.

Posted · Report post

@Andrew thanks for explaining. I get it now.

Posted · Report post

I go to my launchpad and all i see are the two zip files that came with platform pro when i first purchased it. is there a seperate link to download the newest version?

Posted · Report post

Those files should now be updated to version 1.2.0, look at the changelog :)

Posted · Report post

What happen to all the old settings when I activate the updated version (1.2.0)?

Posted · Report post

they are stored in the DB, so they will stay right where they should be :)

Posted · Report post

Is there any way you can have your in site uploads for images on features and boxes use the wp media browser instead of a direct upload?

Posted · Report post

- Bring back the Background menu item. - Bring the Feature Slider up to par. I have a neatly written list for this here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=4078 - Add Reddit to the sharing icons. Digg is on there yet has far less traffic and users than Reddit. - SHORTCODES! Wonderful, wonderful shortcodes. I'd say look at WooThemes and especially ElegantThemes for inspiration on these. - Ability to have multiple sections on a page. For instance: multiple carousels each allowing you to change their settings separately. - Clean up the lingo throughout the theme. For instance the Layout Editor references a Layout Builder, however there is nothing in the backend labeled Layout Builder. - Add a sub-navigation section. As it is our main nav is coupled with the logo but many of us would like or need a sub-nav as well.

Posted · Report post

Please edit the LauchPad to display what version is available for download. I don't get notified by email of forum postings. It would be nice to simply login and SEE with my own eyes what the current version is so I can determine if I need to download it. Versions on all the download files in the LaunchPad just makes sense. Thanks.

Posted · Report post

@Sidian, we here you... working on it (when we're not doing support) @pcgs, can't do it that way for development reasons. Can't you just check the changelog? We didn't send an email because we want to make sure some longtail issues are patched.

Posted · Report post

I assume I am doing something wrong. I am new to PageLines I downloaded and installed the platformpro in November I see there is new version i have follwoed the instructions to upgrade to the new version but it is not working each time i try to install the new upgrade it breaks the site and I have to mannually go in to FTP to delete the PlatformPro directory so it will auto revert to the default theme.

Posted · Report post

@Peter, any idea of the error? This is probably better in its own thread...

Posted · Report post

My Design Control section is missing entirely. Has this happened to anyone before?

Posted · Report post

@Lincoln, are you using the new version? If you are, it will be there.

Posted · Report post

The main question is how to download the updated Version of Platform Pro.

Posted · Report post

your account.

Posted · Report post

Andrew, yes we could check the changelog but seriously I shouldn't have to. As a SlideShowPro.com customer, I login and I can see what I have purchased and what the current version is. As a WebAssist.com customer I am offered the same experience. If I login to my SlideShowProDirector installation or Wordpress, I am notified if there is an update available. No need to download or open documents to get this information. Not complaining just hope you would consider putting it on a wish list.

Posted · Report post

What am I doing wrong. I've tried to upgrade to the new version but got this: Unpacking the package??¦ Installing the theme??¦ Destination folder already exists. /domains/fredriksjostrom.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/ Theme install failed.

Posted · Report post

Please fix a proper author.php page!

Posted · Report post

@Fredrik "Destination folder already exists" means that there are some files you need to delete before you install the upgrade

Posted · Report post

@Catrina Thanks, but which ones?

Posted · Report post

Hey Fredrik Do you have FTP access? You could install the files that way.